STILL No "To Do" List!?!?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Silverstring, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Silverstring macrumors member

Are they kidding?!?!?!?!?! I hope I just missed it in all the hubbub about the SDK, but I don't think I did. THe press release about Firmware 2.0 even has a little blurb about the adding "most requested features" and you're telling me THIS didn't make it in? This drives me crazy and is my single biggest pet peeve about the iPhone.

Now, I'm sure someone will say...with the SDK, someone will make a third party app. That's all well and good, but I think it is something that SHOULD be handled by apple, as a to-do list is a core function of any good phone. It's in Leopard Mail even, which is a no-brainer for syncing purposes! I don't understand why we get notes on the phone, but no to-do list.

Does anyone have any ideas on why they might not be including it? I've thought about it from many different angles and it boggles the mind. It would be such an easy update too.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Yeah, I miss a ToDo list as well. Like you said, hopefully they will add one in the update in June or someone will offer one for sale.

3. The Phazer macrumors 68030

We're still remarkably light on details about what 2.0 will include aside from just support for apps.

I'm hoping there is a significant amount more, frankly.

Phazer

4. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

I have to say of all the features I'd like added to version 2, a To Do list is at the very bottom. Now I would like to see some form of Notes sync though and you can do a To Do list in Notes.

5. Silverstring thread starter macrumors member

Well, that's the thing. It just seems like there's a huge blind spot in Apple's thinking. Notes in Leopard Mail, Notes on the iPhone, but no syncing? WHY?

I can't help but think that its Windows holding the iPhone back. To sync Notes and To Dos, you need to get the equivalent thing working in Windows, since Apple doesn't want to get into the business of having separate iPhone feature sets for OS X users and Windows users.

6. agbot macrumors regular

You can sync Outlook Tasks with ActiveSync on Windows, so maybe that's what they're waiting for.