Still no way to see provisioning profiles?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Schtibbie, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Schtibbie macrumors 6502

I remember that one used to be able to see any (if any) installed provisioning profiles in settings and they removed that in iOS 8... Is there any way NOW to see if you have any that you aren't aware of?

Only reason I ask - I was reminded by the recent Lenovo controversy (unrelated to iOS I know), part of which involved a dodgy certificate authority getting installed, that THAT's one of the things provisioning profiles are allowed to do. And since mobile Safari doesn't let you click on the SSL lock to see a cert when you're visiting a site (why???), there doesn't seem to be a way to tell if you (or your company, via MDM) has put any kind of proxy or cert on your device.

Is there?

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

It only shows if one is installed. It would be under Settings, General, and at the bottom you'd see 'Provisioning Profiles." I think..it may be one step further under About, but I don't remember.

3. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

That used to be the case with iOS 7, but I believe they removed that feature after iOS 8 (though I think it was a terrible decision on their part to remove it).

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I don't believe so. I had my companies' provisioning profile installed a few months ago on my iPhone 6 with iOS 8 and it was there then..

Am I crazy? Am I talking about something different?

5. Schtibbie thread starter macrumors 6502

I hope you're NOT crazy! I was hoping they turned back on the visibility of these in some post-8.0 patch level (I'm on 8.1.3 now, iPhone 6) but I have no way to tell - I don't have access to a company profile anymore so I don't know how to test this.

6. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

I have a Profile installed on my phone and it isn't in either of those locations.

7. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Just checked on my wife's phone. It's jnder Setting, General, Device Management (near the bottom, just above reset).

I apologize if that isn't what y'all are talking about.

8. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

Pretty sure that's a configuration profile. Not a provisioning profile. Provisioning profiles can only be removed through Xcode since iOS 8.

9. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

And clearly I was confused. My apologies everyone. :cool:

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems like going through Xcode is pretty much the only way. Makes little sense that they removed It all for what they call "user friendliness" which is rather unfriendly.

11. dilap macrumors 6502a

Just given feedback to Apple, hopefully with iOS 9, it'll be back

12. tennisproha macrumors 6502a

Provisioning profiles and configuration profiles are the same thing are they not? This is confusing.