Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PatriotInvasion

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
Boston, MA
We've had wifi sync for awhile now for iTunes, but what about iPhoto?:mad: Photostream does not contain my videos shot on my iPhone so the only way I can get them on my Mac is to hook up with a cord? That's so 2007!

With iPhoto on the iPhone I should be able to sync my Events and videos wirelessly between the 2 devices so they match. Is this really not possible or am I missing something? How do people get video from an iPhone to a Mac without having to connect a cord?

Imory

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2013
Wonderland
We've had wifi sync for awhile now for iTunes, but what about iPhoto?:mad: Photostream does not contain my videos shot on my iPhone so the only way I can get them on my Mac is to hook up with a cord? That's so 2007!

With iPhoto on the iPhone I should be able to sync my Events and videos wirelessly between the 2 devices so they match. Is this really not possible or am I missing something? How do people get video from an iPhone to a Mac without having to connect a cord?

Good question. What I do know is that Windows have an updated iCloud client (3.0) which will save videos on iCloud (Photostream) in 720p.

JUiCEJamie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Good point. But maybe now with the inclusion of all the free iWork/iLife apps that Apple just announced to be free. You could download iMovie and sync the project like that?

PatriotInvasion

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
Boston, MA
Good point. But maybe now with the inclusion of all the free iWork/iLife apps that Apple just announced to be free. You could download iMovie and sync the project like that?

I don't think iMovie projects auto sync between iOS and OS X. Like the iPhoto app for iPhone, they are completely independent of each other. I've been waiting for a solution from Apple for years on this and still nothing.

The easy solution would simply be to allow Photostream to accept video uploads over wifi so they could be pulled into an iPhoto Library on OS X. I've spent a lot of time organizing events on my Mac within iPhoto and would like those to sync to iPhoto for iOS wirelessly. Bizarre that this functionality doesn't exist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.