Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tha5150

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2008
i find myself looking once a week for an auto caps add on for mac mail. this is a big deal for me since i write alot of emails. also, general forum typing, like this here, should be auto cap'd ... why is this not a feature? is there anything out there for this yet?

Ashka

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2008
New Zealand
How is the OS going to decide between 'Sue Hill' or 'will sue' or even 'will Sue sue Sue who lives on the hill'.

Only Your brain can decide with the help of the shift key.

tha5150

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2008
in all serious, there HAS to be a way. how many people use macs? no smart guy has a fix' for this?

Richard1028

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2009
How is the OS going to decide between 'Sue Hill' or 'will sue' or even 'will Sue sue Sue who lives on the hill'.

Only Your brain can decide with the help of the shift key.
He's talking about "smart" auto caps similar to MS Word. Like after a period and a "space" it will capitalize the first letter of a sentence. Or... the beginning of a new paragraph.

You mac folks are so closed minded some times.

Ashka

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2008
New Zealand
i live in new zealand.
I Live In New Zealand.
Using Snow leopard > right click > Transformations > Capitalise. ie everything :)

i live in new zealand.
I live in new zealand.
using MS. ie first letter only.

i live in new zealand.
I live in New Zealand. ie correct.
Any OS + brain + shift key..

I use the tools that work best for the job in hand.

Drewsky87

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2008
MD
i live in new zealand.
I Live In New Zealand.
Using Snow leopard > right click > Transformations > Capitalise.

This isn't exactly "smart". This just capitalizes the first letter of every word.

Ah, you went and edited your post on me lol.

petermcphee

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
in all serious, there HAS to be a way. how many people use macs? no smart guy has a fix' for this?

Smart guys are using their **** keys as we speak.

If a program or hotfix like this existed, I predict that you would spend more time undoing what it did for you than you would appreciating the words it did capitalize.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.