Still Not Got Toast Working????

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dan1980, Oct 20, 2008.

1. dan1980 macrumors newbie

hi gang

i'm a newbie, hello ;-)

basically i had toast running fine then i updated to 10.5.4 and installed a new sound card, a MOTU 828 MK2.

then toast did not launch.

i have followed all the steps in the thread, including moving all quick time components out of library and system/library and repairing disks etc and no joy.

i also searched for any alpha, DivX etc and i don't have any?

could somebody HELP ME!!!

cheers

D

2. Thunderclap*69 macrumors newbie

Toast has been chunking nuggets on my G5 for months

I have a G5 running 10.4.11 on dual procs at 2.7 Ghz with 2.5 GB of DDR SDRAM. I run one app. Pro Tools - ( audio multitrack rig ). I have a home/project studio and have all of my archivals in 24/96 format until roughly a month or so ago when Toast decided to start placing horrible digital artifacts in the highend freqs of my 24/96 audio outs!!!! Well documented complaints of this all over the Toast site with no response whatsoever. Needless to say, I was miffed to put it kindly.

Problem solved!!!! Woo Hoo!!! Disco will do the job of creating CDs at 24/96 with no problems whatsoever. I dunno what other issues Toast has other than this, but it was enough for me to leave them lying dead in a ditch. If you are having any type of similar problem hook yourself up with Disco.

JayMc

3. dan1980 thread starter macrumors newbie

not having that problem, the problem i am having is that toast won't even launch after i installed a new sound card and updated to 10.5.4.

HELP!

D

4. Thunderclap*69 macrumors newbie

Disco DEMO

You ought to at least give Disco a try, and see if it will at least execute. If it does not then I would suspect the upgrade might be to blame. It is a free demo, so it might be worth a shot.

Best of luck!

JayMc

5. dan1980 thread starter macrumors newbie

i have given up on toast, was annoying me.

i got a piece of software called K_Kitchen which is very good and i would recommend it ;-)

cheers

D