General Still on 6.1 and wanting to try iOS 7

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Tha Professor, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Tha Professor macrumors regular

Do you think I will have to go to 6.1.3 first before updating to iOS 7? I have an iPhone 4 and I don't believe it will be fast enough, so I thought I would just try now with the GM and have time before the signing ends on wednesday... It doesn't work, probably because I am still on 6.1... I don't want to upgrade to 6.1.3 so I saved my blobs now and I will just wait for the public release... However if I will still need to update to the latest iOS 6 first, I might as well just do it now...

Thanks for answering!

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

did you use iFaith to dump your iOS 6.1 blobs? If you don't, then don't count on being able to downgrading back to iOS 6.1 for an untethered jailbreak!

You don't need to update to the latest version of iOS 6 in order to update to iOS 7. You can't update to the GM version of iOS 7 without having a developer account or having some ID registered

3. Tha Professor thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! I don't need to jailbroken, so I won't mind getting back to 6.1.3 if I want to downgrade... I saved those blobs with Tiny Umbrella...

EDIT: I just checked iFaith and it looks like a great tool... Might give it a try when around windows pc!

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Assuming for the moment that you can upgrade to iOS 7. You will lose your jailbreak. If you are ok with dealing with preschool primary colors until the iOS 7 jailbreak comes out (whenever that is) then go ahead.

But you may regret this at some point [losing your jailbreak].

5. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

I've got to imagine there will be themes that will replicate iOS6 on iOS 7.
    But yes, like eyoungren wisely points out, it may be a bit and in the meantime you're looking at cotton candy icons.

I'm running iOS1 theme/tweaks right now on my iPhone4S (just for fun).

[​IMG]

Same theme/tweaks also run well on the iP5

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I have a black/slate iPhone 5. I've used Winterboard and other tweaks to theme it towards black/grayscale as much as I can and I'm pretty happy with it. I get enough primary colors at home with my 10 year old son and my 5 year old daughter. ;)

So, I won't be upgrading to iOS 7 until there is a jailbreak because one of my first acts will be to theme away (if I can) what I consider to be some really awful color choices.

As we have both mentioned, the OP will be stuck with the standard theme until the jailbreak arrives.

Attached Files:

7. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Did you save them manually with TU or did TU reequest the blobs from Cydia? The latter won't work!

8. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

9. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

have you checked the prices of 4S's on ebay lately? i was shocked how much they're still going for.

10. fujinkiller macrumors newbie

11. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

Personally, I like the new icons and colour choices in iOS 7 and seriously considering sacrificing my JB on my iPhone 5 for the update tonight.

Note: I will still keep the JB on my iPad 3.:cool:

12. iAlphard macrumors regular

Though i may walk in the valley of iOS 7 goodies, i will fear no evil and stay 6.1.2 jailbroken. Mwahahahah.
    Till someone jailbroken iOS 7....

13. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

There. I fixed that for you.

Agree. Staying jailbroken myself until the iOS 7 jailbreak. The colors will be the FIRST thing to go bye-bye!

14. iAlphard macrumors regular

Your fix definitely better, cheers! :D