Still on the fence?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Nicolecat, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

I just don't feel like much of anything warranted waiting to release pricing of the watch until march 9th.
    ...other than, "Okay, we're ready now"

Trying to decide if I want to just go get a fitbit hr at this point to be honest.
    Very wishy-washy as to whether it's something that's going to be a game changer.

-the sport silver doesn't come with a black band option.
    -the space grey stainless only has one band option.

As far as optioning them out...they fell short imo

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I'm not sure I follow. All the bands are interchangeable and the market will be flooded with aftermarket bands soon enough. If the bands are your deciding factor than maybe the watch isn't for you?

3. Nicolecat thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

If you look through the store.
    You can't purchase the silver sport with an initial black sports band. and those brights are tacky. imo.
    So, if you're wanting to go with a silver sport version to be on the frugal end (if you want to call it that) you don't really have a neutral other than a white band.

So, they're up-selling you on additional bands by doing so.
    I get that.

I never said I didn't like the watch and options it offers.
    Just that the variety for personalization is lacking...even though they "seem" to offer a wide selection of bands.

4. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

I probably can see myself one day buying one, but I'm not rushing out on day one to get it like I did with iPhone and iPad. Those I had to have!

5. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

The sport indicates that it comes with two bands, but doesn't specify a color other than the main one; unless there are two of the same exact color.

Agree with previous poster. You're not going to buy one because of the band choices?

I also find no compelling reason to buy one other than 'want,' but $399 for a want? Not sure I'm in either.

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Well each Sport version comes with 2 bands of the same color. One for small wrists and one for larger wrists. There is a whole other thread in this forum dedicated to trading bands with people to have multiple color bands. So right from the start you can have 2 bands just by trading with someone.

7. Nicolecat thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

All these posts about "can't wait for 3rd party bands" and I am getting flack for not like the initial band offering "collections". lol.

8. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I'm already sold on the smart watch concept because I've been using a Pebble watch for about 2 months now. The Apple watch will give me what the Pebble could not:

- Tighter integration with iOS
    - Premium look and feel
    - Ability to interact with notifications and not just view them (Touch, Siri, Dictation)
    - Much nicer screen.
    - Heart Rate sensor (Bonus)

9. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I like the white one, but I'm sure that it won't look good after a few weeks.

If I get one, it'll be space gray with a black band.

10. Nicolecat thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

Good point.
    I saw the trade forum thread, and haven't read through it yet.
    I was wondering what good that would be.

Might definitely have to take that into consideration.

11. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I'm assuming you are a female based on your name. If that is the case I'm sure a lot of guys in this forum would gladly trade their smaller bands for the larger one that came with yours :)

(Assuming you don't have big wrists of course)

12. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

Why would you want to spend 150 on a charge hr that does a very small fraction of what the apple watch is capable of for only another 200 bucks?

I have a charge right now and I just find it completely pointless for day to day wear. Having a physical button to press (or double tap) to see the time is really annoying and the only notification you get is incoming calls.

I know it isn't the case for everyone but for me personally a fitness tracker by itself is basically worthless, but having that functionality in something like the watch is a fine addition but not a total sale feature.

13. Nicolecat thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

Lol.
    I've never known any guys named Nicole...a few Kelly's and a Dana once.

I was actually afraid that the small ones would fit.
    But thankfully I fall into the normal wrist size.