Still play Diablo 2? Care to help a complete newb out?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by whitlecj, Jan 19, 2009.

1. whitlecj macrumors member

I have never played the game until yesterday and just wanted to get some help before really starting my main. I only get to play a few hour a week generally, so I will most likely be sticking with one character primarily. There in lies my question. I would like to have a main that is okay at pve and pvp (if that is possible). In wow and other mmo's, I generally like casting type characters (if that helps). I would like to play my games online, because I liking being part of community. I would welcome any build recommendations and general game play tips if possible. Thanks for any help you can give.

If any of you guys still play on a regular basis and don't mind someone who is clueless about the game, I would love to join you for some games. Then again, maybe everyone has moved on. I am having a little trouble getting over the dated graphics, but from what everyone says, the game is completely worth it.

I toyed with firing up my wow account before buying this game, but given my limited play time, I just didn't know if it would be worth it since all of the people I used to play wow with have quit.

Anyway, any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I haven't fired up Diablo 2 in many months, but have been playing it ever since it was first released (oh dear God, that was about 10 years ago now! :eek:). At first I spent quite a lot of time with that game, but over the last 6 years or so I've only played it in tiny dribs and drabs every now and again.

...but I never really played online much. Too much bad behavior by jerks and trolls.

I used to visit diabloii.net for guides and information on building characters. Now (with the release of Diablo III) it's called diii.net, but I'm sure that all the Diablo 2-related stuff is still there. It's a good place to start.

Diablo 3 will probably take over most of the old die-hard Diablo "community", but it is a great game in many ways and a surprising number of people are still playing.

3. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

oh nos. someone mentioned diablo 3. now im gonna hit thier website every day for 3 months again hoping for a release.

I never got into diablo 2, mainly because of the widespread item duplication. i believed this was solved along long time ago. I did install diablo 1 though and played many hours of D1 goodness. I will never forget it.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

There are lots of web sites dedicated to that game, or any game, if you google...

[game] tips hints
    [game] walkthrough

5. whitlecj thread starter macrumors member