Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

App1€

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2008
I assume it is I'm more curious as to where to find the stuff to do it with. I tried a short google search but to no avail.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
I assume it is I'm more curious as to where to find the stuff to do it with. I tried a short google search but to no avail.

I'm pretty sure Pwnagetool and Quickpwn still support the 1.1.x software. However, may I ask why your still using software that has been obsolete for well over a year?

App1€

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2008
I'm pretty sure Pwnagetool and Quickpwn still support the 1.1.x software. However, may I ask why your still using software that has been obsolete for well over a year?

Long story short. My friend gives me his iPod says JailBreak it. I say sure. I turn it on see it sitting there with 1.1.3, and I don't feel like laying out 10 bucks for him.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
App1€;7398059 said:
Long story short. My friend gives me his iPod says JailBreak it. I say sure. I turn it on see it sitting there with 1.1.3, and I don't feel like laying out 10 bucks for him.

You could always upgrade to 1.1.5 for free, which was released after 2.0 so that Apple could release some bug fixes for people that didn't upgrade.

Anyway, looking at the Dev Team site it seems that it has to be upgraded to at least 2.2.1 to be jailbroken.

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/74278878/close-the-stable-door

It might be wise to get your friend to cough up the $9.95 if he wants it to be done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.