Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drfullet87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
Hi, I thought I was going to be patient and just believe people who said that I shouldn't worry that my phone was still "prepared to ship". Instead I called I called Apple to see what was up, and after being assured YESTERDAY that there was nothing wrong with my order, the guy today told me that they were having problems verifying my eligibility with my ATT account and i needed to called ATT to see if i was indeed eligible for the upgrade and my account wasn't past due.

of course, I WAS ELIGIBLE, I HAVE AUTO BILL, and ATT says there is nothing wrong with my account.

Now back on the phone with Apple in a last ditch attempt to get my phone shipped out tonight.

and yes, I ordered June 15th, 6:47 am PDT.

so if you are in the same situation, dont be complacent, get on teh horn with apple and make sure you aren't in this weird limbo

ttam110

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
Hi, I thought I was going to be patient and just believe people who said that I shouldn't worry that my phone was still "prepared to ship". Instead I called I called Apple to see what was up, and after being assured YESTERDAY that there was nothing wrong with my order, the guy today told me that they were having problems verifying my eligibility with my ATT account and i needed to called ATT to see if i was indeed eligible for the upgrade and my account wasn't past due.

of course, I WAS ELIGIBLE, I HAVE AUTO BILL, and ATT says there is nothing wrong with my account.

Now back on the phone with Apple in a last ditch attempt to get my phone shipped out tonight.

and yes, I ordered June 15th, 6:47 am PDT.

so if you are in the same situation, dont be complacent, get on teh horn with apple and make sure you aren't in this weird limbo

Same situation bro :( All they keep saying is "You WILL get your phone on the 24th, I assure you that"

But I don't see that happening unless it ships from some warehouse here in the US...

Also I did try the fedex reference number trick...still no go :(

drfullet87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
New Update

Ok, so according Carl, there are some iPhones that when they went to be tested, had faulty Sim cards or sim card installations. This caused them to be held back until this sim card issue can be fixed and a sim card installed that will ensure proper activation. Carl told me that yeah, for most people they could have just swapped sim cards, but that Apple wont release items in a "faulty" condition. Therefore my order was "expedited". This is all crap because Carl admitted that he couldn't tell me whether or not my phones sim card issue had been resolved and was waiting to be shipped now, or if it was just sitting in a f****** repair facility waiting to get a sim card put it in (that i dont need).

Is it a problem with the sim cards? is it problem with the iphone's sim card reader? is a bad iphone sim card reader going to slowly make it's way into the queue of hardware issues?

for me, and for you that are still "prepared to ship" it means that your iphone is possibly waiting to be FIXED! before its ever been used and that your delivery date is TBD!!!!!!

ttam110

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
Ok, so according Carl, there are some iPhones that when they went to be tested, had faulty Sim cards or sim card installations. This caused them to be held back until this sim card issue can be fixed and a sim card installed that will ensure proper activation. Carl told me that yeah, for most people they could have just swapped sim cards, but that Apple wont release items in a "faulty" condition. Therefore my order was "expedited". This is all crap because Carl admitted that he couldn't tell me whether or not my phones sim card issue had been resolved and was waiting to be shipped now, or if it was just sitting in a f****** repair facility waiting to get a sim card put it in (that i dont need).

Is it a problem with the sim cards? is it problem with the iphone's sim card reader? is a bad iphone sim card reader going to slowly make it's way into the queue of hardware issues?

for me, and for you that are still "prepared to ship" it means that your iphone is possibly waiting to be FIXED! before its ever been used and that your delivery date is TBD!!!!!!

Sounds like a BS story....(referring to Carl, not you lol)

rocketsfan

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
This same crap is happening to me. Apple is now saying the phone is "awaiting AT&T activation" or something like that. I called AT&T and of course they knew nothing about that or what Apple even meant by that. This is getting really frustrating, to say the least. I really want my phone tomorrow.

IndianGuy

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
This same crap is happening to me. Apple is now saying the phone is "awaiting AT&T activation" or something like that. I called AT&T and of course they knew nothing about that or what Apple even meant by that. This is getting really frustrating, to say the least. I really want my phone tomorrow.

Same story here - ordered on 15th at 6:20am PDT - still 'Not Yet Shipped' - been calling them last three days every time I get to hear that I will get my phone on 24th.

Now its 23rd 4:45 PDT and its still 'Not Yet Shipped'.

ttam110

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
Just wondering, if you guys hit *639# does it give you a new upgrade date or old one?

rocketsfan

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
It still gives me my old upgrade date. This is all really weird too, because my card has already been charged for the phone.

rocketsfan

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
I do have a FAN Account. I never thought about that being the reason for the hold up. Interesting.

drfullet87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
yeah i have a premier account, but from what i was told by Apple it is an actual problem with the sim cards...maybe this is crap...ATT said there was nothing on their end that was problematic.

ttam110

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
Update:
Just got off the phone with Apple

They said that since fedex is overwhelmed with iPhone 4 processing and getting out by June 24th, the tracking just hasn't updated yet. He told me most likely it is currently en-route to my destination. He also said there have been so many phone calls today about this issue. I find all this hard to believe, because apple would at least change the order status to shipped..wouldn't they?

I guess I'll just have to wait and see...

djejnyc

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2009
My Mystery Solved!

Don't know if this will help the people of this thread, but:

My Apple order went through on the 15th around 2pm or so. (I was also trying the ATT site and although I got almost to the end, even entered my credit card number, but it never went through). Received a confirmation email and an order status email from Apple. BUT my Apple order status seems stuck at "Prepared For Shipment" and still has not changed as of 9:50pm. I spoke with Apple and they say ATT is holding it up, definitely not arriving tomorrow as it says on my order.
I went to check my ATT account online and on a whim clicked on Order Status, even though it never went through and I never received a confirmation email from them (as I did with Apple). But Lo and Behold! My iPhone 4 is out for shipment to be delivered tomorrow the 24th?!? With a UPS tracking number and everything?!? Well, I'm very happy but that sure is strange. Of course I'm not canceling my Apple order until I get my new iPhone in my hands but if anybody is in the same boat check your order status in your ATT account online, you might get lucky like me!

ttam110

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
Forgot to mention..he said while he as helping people earlier today with our same issue, their phone actually arrived while they were on the phone, and they still had prepared for shipment. I still don't believe I will be seeing a phone tomorrow, but who knows.

joco

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2003
Just spoke with Apple. Mr TorphyDeFortier from the AOS Escalations team confirmed that if you do not have a tracking number as of today... you will definitely NOT received your iPhone on the 24th, and will be lucky to receive it next week. There is a problem, he claims, with ATT getting the sim card activation going and we have to wait until that is cleared up.

All I got as a sorry was a free bumper case and iHome alarm clock. but no phone. I am SO PISSED!!!

ttam110

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
Just spoke with Apple. Mr TorphyDeFortier from the AOS Escalations team confirmed that if you do not have a tracking number as of today... you will definitely NOT received your iPhone on the 24th, and will be lucky to receive it next week. There is a problem, he claims, with ATT getting the sim card activation going and we have to wait until that is cleared up.

All I got as a sorry was a free bumper case and iHome alarm clock. but no phone. I am SO PISSED!!!

Wow...this sucks! I knew we wouldn't get it

ludawg23

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2010
I have a FAN account and I've been on the phone for the past 2 days.

I've called AT&T numerous times and each time I get the "Your account is activated and processed, it's at the warehouse and ready to get shipped"

Either Fedex is dropping the ball with inputting orders or they're really backed up.

Should have had my phone today as I ordered on the 15th, noon EST. Still have not received any shipping details...really doubt I'll get my phone this week. Horrible :(

drfullet87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009

How did you get on the phone with someone from escalation and how did you get them to give you a bumper and alarm clock?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.