Still reasonable time to buy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FlintAlt2, Feb 20, 2009.

1. FlintAlt2 macrumors regular

Hey all,

I was just wondering if its still a reasonable time to buy the iPhone 3G. I have a LG Viewty but its finally dead ( the touch screen does really weird things like If i touch the top it registers it at the bottom at exactly the same place every time ).

So yeh if the iPhone updates in July ( based on the 3G launch ) that leaves 4 months until it gets upgraded.

What do you guys think?

Cheers in advance!

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

If you don't want to wait then get the 3G. I got one and love it. However, I'm hoping a generation or two down the line Steve will let up and we'll have a physical slide out keyboard.

3. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

I am curious too, I want to hop on the refrub 3g for 100$ bandwagon!

but I am not sure if I should wait for the next gen stuff...if it'll be even worthwhile.

My issue would be, if I couldn't get in on the deals when they release the new iphone in a few months...

4. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

If I had a phone right now that you call and received phone calls, then I would definitely wait until June or July. From here until June/July, there are going to be some very awesome phones coming out, the next iPhone included. So, if you can wait, then I would do so. If your phone is totally broken, then I would get an iPhone. If you're wondering, I have an iPhone 3G.

5. marksandvig macrumors regular

:apple:

I would, the 3g's great plus I was in your shoes once with the sidekick 3.. I had a POS phone with a cracked screen.. i couldnt ever see who was calling, make calls unless i memorized the number, or txt obviously.. Then when it came out it sucked anyway, probably would of been better if I had bought the 2.. Also, who knows when the new iPhone will come out.. Im still waiting for a new effin mac pro.