Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macpluslaptop

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
Anyone get one in the last 2 days in NYC? The stores I've called say they've got 0 stock and no idea when new shipments will arrive. The Apple salespeople are as terse as ever, if more irritated than usual.:eek:

nioted

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2007
Anyone get one in the last 2 days in NYC? The stores I've called say they've got 0 stock and no idea when new shipments will arrive. The Apple salespeople are as terse as ever, if more irritated than usual.:eek:

I went to Menlo Park, NJ Apple store last Saturday afternoon and reserved a 32GB iPad 3G since there were sold out. I was told once they get a shipment, I will be emailed and given 24 hrs to pick it up. It's Wed and still no email. I wonder if there was just a huge line that reserved before me or if the store just haven't gotten any shipments since Saturday. I've been checking my email every 5 minutes waiting for that damn email. I already have the accessories for the iPad. The wait is just torture. If anyone else can chime in on any stores in stock in the tristate area, it would be very helpful. I remember when the iPhone 3G came out, the apple website show each Apple store stock online so it was much easier to buy one once the second it came in.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I bought a 64gb 3G last night at Tekserve. At 7:30pm they had about 25 left in stock. I could imagine those are gone by now, but you never know.

dstar

macrumors regular
May 3, 2010
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I bought a 64gb 3G last night at Tekserve. At 7:30pm they had about 25 left in stock. I could imagine those are gone by now, but you never know.

I just picked one up from them. Salesman said they were going quick.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
at the 5th Avenue apple store

I overheard the staff at the NYC 5th Avenue Apple store say all they have left iPad-wise is the 16GB wifi this morning (at 7:00 a.m.).

To note, none were on display behind the cashier bank as they have been for the past month.

xolan99

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2007
The 5th Ave store gets regular shipments...might want to stop by there in the afternoons.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
The reservation isn't working. When it gets to the choose product tab nothing shows up.

AFAIK you can only reserve at an Apple store with the help of an employee. I think they have a special intranet set up for it.

youssefm

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2008
I was at the 5th ave. store today, and I saw at least 5 people walk away with iPads.. and at least 3 were 3G over 16gb (I can't remember if they were 2 64'gbs or 2 32gbs) but regardless, I think they are getting regular shipments there

PiFCube

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2010
I've a friend that live in NY and she's coming back in france for Holiday this saturday. i asked her to bring me back an Ipad 3g 64GB do u think there's a chance for her to buy me one?

dstar

macrumors regular
May 3, 2010
How do you know it?
are they getting regular shipments in the 5th av store?

One of the issues is that people that reserve in store are priority over others.
I had been calling the 5th ave and soho store with no luck. I'm telling you, if you really want one have your friend call Tekserve. They actually had stock today.

BTW. Thank you mcdj! I had no idea that shop existed. I jumped onto the 1 train after i saw your post.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
I'm on one of those waiting lists

They promised me 3 days.

Time is running out for them. :rolleyes:

macpluslaptop

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
I've a friend that live in NY and she's coming back in france for Holiday this saturday. i asked her to bring me back an Ipad 3g 64GB do u think there's a chance for her to buy me one?

Have her call Tekserve on 23rd st. I got one there today.

pbellamy

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2007
New York
Tekserve is out of 64's. I picked up a 32gb 3g. Last night they had quite a few of that model.

Apple on 14th had no 3g models.

(I picked up the pad at Tekserve but had to go to Apple for the sleeve.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.