Still Suffering From WiFi Bug after IOS 6.0.2

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Castle87, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Castle87 macrumors regular

Alright so I got my iphone 5 on launch day and had the wifi bug. I was told to wait it out as Apple acknowledged it was a problem and they were gonna release a patch shortly. Out came IOS 6.0.1 -- no improvement whatsoever for my wifi. I just figured I'd deal with the data suck when I was outside, and when I was home, I'd connect to my wifi and just leave my screen unlocked so it would always be on wifi. It was a real battery drain but at least it kept the wifi connection. Out comes IOS 6.0.2 -- again, no improvement at all. Is it safe to say this is a hardware issue for me now? How many people have actually seen improvements in their wifi if they had a bug? What are my options here? I've tried restoring the phone but that was before the "patches" came out. Should I try restoring it again and see what happens? If I bring it in am I going to have to buy a whole new phone? :(

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Take it to the Apple Store and exchange it for a new one.
    I had to exchange my initial iPhone 5 about 3 weeks ago (got another new one since Apple has no refurbs yet).
    This newer one doesn't have the issues some of the earlier ones had (and it is still on 6.0 firmware so it is not any software fix)

3. Castle87 thread starter macrumors regular

Am I covered even though I got it online via AT&T as opposed to from the Apple store? I just don't want to get stuck with the bill for a faulty phone when it's not my fault that it's buggy.

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Mine came from AT&T
    Apple has a 1 year warranty on every iDevice

If you take it to AT&T, they will send you to the Apple Store.

5. Castle87 thread starter macrumors regular

Alright thanks so much. Not sure I wanna check out the Apple store this week, I'm sure it's pretty hectic. I guess I'll go the first week of the new year.

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Just remember, if you wait too long Apple may get iPhone 5 refurbs ...
    So if they do, you will get a refurb instead of a new unit (some are OK with this)