Still trying to get your hands on an ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by CANOLArabbit, Mar 30, 2011.

1. CANOLArabbit macrumors newbie

hey, just to help anyone out who is still trying to get their hands on an ipad... i found that my local college had a handful in that were sitting on the shelves. Maybe students hesitate buying them because of budgets... but i had ordered online with a 3-4 week wait... and i called the campus and they had exactly what i wanted just sitting there. so i bought it and cancelled my online order. It seems like it's worth a try.
    So if this helps the impatient... great. if not... oh well.

2. goMac macrumors 603

Still trying to get my hands on one, but I've given up actively pursuing one. If I see one pop up in the inventory tracker I'll grab it.

3. robbyneal macrumors member

I would say anyone's best bet is to try to get to your local apple store a little before they open.

4. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

A little? Try at least 4 hours. Chicagoland apple stores (Lincoln Park, Michigan Ave, old orchard/skokie, schaumburg/woodfield etc) are seeing people line up at 6am, get tickets for the morning's stock, and they're spoken for by 7am when the store opens at 9 to sell to them and then for everyone else at 10am.

Edit- how do I know? I've gotten there "A bit early" at 8am, 7:30am, and am STILL without an iPad 2 and now waiting on my online order to ship.

5. cwerdna macrumors 6502

In the TWiT podcast (http://twit.tv/294), they were also reporting people lining up hours early at Apple stores for iPad 2. Unfortunately, the transcript isn't up yet so I don't have their exact words.

6. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

Same here, I've gotten to Apple Stores as early as 06:30 a.m. only to see about 50 people ahead of me, some of which had been there since 3:00 a.m. One time, there was even a girl who had been there the day before and spent the night in a tint and sleeping bag. With people that dedicated still buying iPads, there's no telling when I'll be able to get one.

7. Ava's Meeshee macrumors member

8. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

Nope, gave up and bought the $529 64GB 3G AT&T deal. I'll wait for iPad 3 before upgrading. I already carry in iPhone 4 and MyTouch 4G Android so adding camera didn't matter and the current iPad is fast enough for now.

Perhaps if some extra money comes my way I'll change my mind.

Cheers,

9. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Glad you found one. I saw some reports from other guys that tried to buy from a local university and were turned away because they weren't students. Guess that's not the policy everywhere!