Still Unsure About 2 iPhone 4's On 1 Macbook..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KrisEagling, Apr 26, 2011.

1. KrisEagling macrumors member

KrisEagling

Hi Everyone

I have had an iP4 since release without issues, however my girlfriend has just got an iP4 but would like to sync with my macbook as she isn't too tech savvy and would like to have all my music on her iP4.
    If I sync it and set it up as a new phone will it affect mine when I come to sync it again?
    Also will she have all my contacts, photos etc on her phone, or can I just manually manage them and tell them not to sync.

Thanks In Advance :)
    Kris

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

it would be easier to have a separate login for her on the macbook; that way she has her own music, contacts, etc.

3. spooky2k, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011

spooky2k macrumors 6502a

Syncing will not affect your phone at all. 2 iPhones will sync with 1 computer just fine. However, both of your contacts lists will merge contacts lists unless you do as the user before me posted.

You could simply tell it not to sync your girlfriends contacts. That or have her sync wirelessly to mobileme or GMail. Either of these methods would give her a backup of her contacts without affecting your contact list.

4. FearGhost macrumors member

FearGhost

You can easily sync two iPhones with a single itunes account and each one would be seen as a seperate devices with its own sync settings.

Manually sync music, apps etc on each (unless you want them to both have entire libraries) or any combination.

Adding another iPhone to your existing iTunes will not affect the settings for your original iPhone.

Settings such as contacts are easily changed on the iPhone itself. Personally, I would sync my contacts with MobileMe or Gmail etc and not within iTunes.

Just be aware that if your girlfiend wants to buy any apps or music they will be charged to your account (if she knows your password) :D

5. Hans Brix macrumors 6502

That's what I do. My wife, my daughter, and I have separate user accounts on the computer.