Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Got my iPhone 4 back in June, still using it never failed me nary a scratch in sight.

Not one dropped call (Vodafone Ireland), phone itself never crashed, only an app here and there later resolved with app updates.

My wife can't wait to get her hands on it when I get the next one (she is using my old 3G).:)

Going to get the next iPad as well as the old lappy is not cutting it as a couch surfing device.

Got the Apple TV 2 back in November and it has never failed to start streaming HD movies within minutes of purchasing the rental.

All in all a happy chappy with the old :apple:

elan123

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2011
Got my iPhone 4 back in June, still using it never failed me nary a scratch in sight.

Not one dropped call (Vodafone Ireland), phone itself never crashed, only an app here and there later resolved with app updates.

My wife can't wait to get her hands on it when I get the next one (she is using my old 3G).:)

Going to get the next iPad as well as the old lappy is not cutting it as a couch surfing device.

Got the Apple TV 2 back in November and it has never failed to start streaming HD movies within minutes of purchasing the rental.

543.jpg

ummm.... okay.

A2DY

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2011
same with me,

I had a 3GS from as soon as I could (when Vodafone UK launched) now given to my wife and a 4 since day of realease without one glitch/crash/dropped call.

I've had dozens of Nokias etc that have had problems on a monthly basis so am very happy with the iPhone,

Still don't understand the number of people complaining of dropped calls and signal problems, I know about 10 people in UK on various networks and none have had any problems with it?

lsvtecjohn3

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2008
same with me,

I had a 3GS from as soon as I could (when Vodafone UK launched) now given to my wife and a 4 since day of realease without one glitch/crash/dropped call.

I've had dozens of Nokias etc that have had problems on a monthly basis so am very happy with the iPhone,

Still don't understand the number of people complaining of dropped calls and signal problems, I know about 10 people in UK on various networks and none have had any problems with it?

That's because you're in the UK on a good network. Att isn't the best network across the US.

I've had minor issues with my iPhone but it was my fault. Happy iPhone user over here

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Yeah, before I went to iPhone I would get three to four phones a year. Now just the one.

A2DY

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2011
That's because you're in the UK on a good network. Att isn't the best network across the US.

I've had minor issues with my iPhone but it was my fault. Happy iPhone user over here

is ATT that bad then?

I presumed they must be on equal coverage etc to UK networks if they had the sole rights to the iP for so long.

topmounter

macrumors 68030
Jun 18, 2009
FEMA Region VIII
is ATT that bad then?

I presumed they must be on equal coverage etc to UK networks if they had the sole rights to the iP for so long.

Most of the guys I work with have Verizon and there are plenty of times when I have good coverage on AT&T and they don't on Verizon... but there are times where it is the other way around, so pick whatever carrier is best for the places where you work and live.

I did just buy a Verizon burner... their new $1.99 / day unlimited minutes prepaid option is nice if I find myself somewhere with less than good AT&T coverage. I have it registered on my Google Voice account and you only pay the $1.99 if you take or make a call.

lsvtecjohn3

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2008
It depends on were you live, IMO GSM technology is better suited for smaller counties than larger. If you look at some of the larger countries China, US, Russia, Australia they use CDMA because the signal travels farther.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
Launch day 4 still going strong here also. Kinda waiting on news for the 5. If it's the same design, I think I'm just going to keep the 4 for another year.

josielinnea

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2007
Stockholm
Got my iphone 4 as soon as I could after launch. Bought from Apple UK and sent to Sweden.
Haven't had a problem with it since I got it. The iPhone 3GS that I had before, which I bought in Italy and had shipped here, I had for a full year and never had any problems with that either.
The iPhone 3G got exchanged once for hairline cracks in the plastic back. No problems other than that.
The iPhone 2G I had before that got some problem with the headphone jack. I got the "This accessory is not supported" kind of message a lot, which made the external speaker stop working for a couple of minutes at a time.

I think build quality has gotten better. But even the iPhone 2G had less problems (the one problem) than any other phone I've ever owned.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008

Is it news somehow to "still" being using a 8 month old device? The jackass that mugged me is probably using my day zero 4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.