Still using your Apple Pencil regularly?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by The Game 161, Jan 6, 2017.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

seeing as its been out a while now are you finding you are still using the pencil as you were at the start or do you barely use it these days?

I've found I barely use it but last few days started to use it more. Think need to really.

2. digitalexplr macrumors regular

digitalexplr

Use it daily. It has turn my Pro 9.7 into the perfect note pad.

3. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

Got my 12.9 and Pencil a year ago on day of release. I use my Pencil as a pointer/navigator compared to my finger maybe 90/10 in proportion. I loooooooove it!

4. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Yes I remember, you said you could select things with the pencil faster than with your finger:rolleyes:

I have not seen my pencil in months and months and not looking for it.

5. bensisko macrumors 65816

Yep - use it daily. I usually use it throughout the day, but generally I'd crunch it to 2 full hours on a light day to 6 full hours on a heavier day.

I will say I use it more on the 9.7 than the 12.9.

6. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I bought the iPad Pro just to count tiny eggs on large photos (for science). Still working so I still use it almost every day.

7. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

8. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I think it really depends on applications you plan on using it for. If you're somebody that uses gadgets you purchased it just to play around with it or use it on the Pro line for practical purposes. Or if you're somebody that dedicate the time for sketching or as an artist or in school, then It would really serve a purpose where you would use it daily.

9. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Just bought a new Apple Pencil few days ago and still use it regularly. It feels like a real pencil :)

10. bniu macrumors 6502a

Almost never use it, but it is one of those accessories that you're glad to have when you do need to use it once in a while.

11. sactownbwoy macrumors regular

I use mine daily, especially at work. Makes note taking easier, no more keeping a note pad/book around anymore. The Apple Pencil is the only reason why I bought the iPad Pro

12. dsr2 macrumors regular

dsr2

Even as a SAHM, I do find I use the pen to scroll and jot notes on Notability for daily things. Love the fact that it charges so quickly.

13. PrettyWings macrumors regular

Even to learn how to draw better. I open a drawing book in iBooks and Adobe Sketch, or another drawing app, and use split-screen.

14. jrs22 macrumors 6502

I use mine enough each day to need to charge it every night. I expected to use it for drawing and painting but I find I prefer paper and pencil and paint. I mostly use it for writing and annotating pdfs. If Apple introduces an iPad mini Pro I would expect to buy it and use it for sketching outside.

I bought a case with a pencil slot so it's always with me.

15. bensisko macrumors 65816

A mini pro would be the ultimate mobile sketchbook for me! I bought the 9.7 to act as a more mobile sketchbook than the 12.9. I've been trying to use the Mini for YEARS as a sketchbook, but all the stylii sucked for drawing.

16. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

More accurately i think i said. Besides, pointless mocking me over it, you're not scoring any points with anyone.

17. Newtons Apple, Jan 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2017

Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

So you are trying to score points with the members here?:eek:

Not my ambition bur everyone has there reasons to be here. :rolleyes:

18. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

The split screen is a nice option for using the Pencil. I never thought of that.

19. Farrellcollie macrumors 6502

I use mine all the time to take notes with - which is what I use the ipad pro for most of the time to begin with. I even bought a second one to keep at my office in case I forget and leave the original one at home

20. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Still in love with my Pencil. And with the new Ztylus Thin, it makes people around me even more jealous than my Airpods!

21. mellofello macrumors 65816

I bought mine last week and used it twice thinking about returning it

22. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Love mine to doodle and navigate. Sometimes use it a lot. Other times it collects dust. I won't sell mine I'd miss it.

Also since my iPad is jailbroken I slide up from bottom to exit app (zephyr style but tweak is Tage). Really convenient. And swipe right on status bar time to lock device.

[​IMG]
    It's a slick wrap

23. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

24. stlredbird macrumors 6502

stlredbird

Use it almost every day in some fashion. Whether doodling, doing illustrations for work, or just taking meeting notes with notability.