I come to you once again for wisdom and guidance. With the new MacPro's and no updates to iMac or Mini, I am still unsure as ever on what to get. Remember this will be my first Mac experience. Here are my computing needs in no particular order: 1. Light to moderate gaming (some classics like Rise of Nations, KOTOR, WoW and possibly some new ones that may be released) 2. Office work (spreadsheets, word processing) 3. Web surfing 4. Photo & video for personal use (editing home movies, turning into DVD's, storing and organizing both photos and movies) 5. (Removed professional vid/pho editing) Current hardware I would like to still use but do not necessarily have to: 21.6" WS LCD, Kb/mouse Other considerations: --would like it to last as long as possible --would like ability to upgrade to help prolong usable life --we will be a 3 desktop PC household (currently, only use 2... wife and I. We have 2 young kids ages 2 yrs and 2 mos and will need something for them in a few years) So, here are my thoughts: MacMini - "The Sedan" --it is the cheapest solution (under budget) --a good first desktop to get experience w/Macs --should be able to do what I need it to do except for gaming --ability to use current LCD and Kb/mouse --can shift it over to wife and/or kids in a few years and still be usable for them --more money left over for RAM upgrade and TimeCapsule (if I decide to get it) OR iMac 24" 2.4GHz 500GB - "The SUV" --mid range price option (meets budget) --slightly more powerful/upgradeable than Mini so should last longer --excellent choice based on needs, even for gaming --again, can shift to wife and kids in a few years --can't use current LCD --other than 3rd pty RAM, no funds leftover for anything extra --if it had a better gfx chip, then I would definitely get this today. OR MacPro - "The Exotic Sports Car" --most expensive option (over budget but would try to work it in) --the most powerful/upgradeable choice therefore longer usable life --surpasses my needs to the point of overkill --can use current LCD and Kb/mouse --would not shift to wife and kids in a few years as I would still be using it I should also note I can wait a few months (summer) before getting a Mac. As anxious and excited as I am in wanting to get one, my current Windows PC is still adequate. So, worth holding out for possible gfx chip update to iMac? Please help this waffler make up his mind! Thanks EDIT Forgot to ask if I should also post this in the Mini, iMac and MacPro sub forums as not sure if those viewers also view this forum?