Still waiting for proper jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by iwannamac, May 27, 2008.

1. iwannamac macrumors member

I have a JB 1.1.2, which I love. Of course, I always want the latest and greatest. It seems to me that all JB versions after 1.1.2, which was rock-solid, have been a little sketchy. IIRC, we are waiting until after the SDK for proper jailbreaks. Is this still the case, or will all future JB methods be somewhat unstable?

2. MagicWok macrumors 6502a

I was the same. Perfectly happy on 1.1.1 up till about a week ago.

I used iJailbreak mobile on mine from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 and everything was fine. Including adding the "wobbly apps". Then since I went up to 1.1.3, I decided to download the actual iJailbreak program from their site and used it. Took literally 30 secs to jailbreak my fresh 1.1.4 iPod touch and everything is rock solid.

Only thing that's a bit temperamental atm is Customize, but I suspect it's not the jailbreak process rather a fault with Customize. But since I don't use that app much anyway, it's not bothering me - but I know there are some fixes floating about I just haven't investigated.

iJailbreak is your winner here. I have the 16GB version fyi.

3. mac-mini macrumors newbie

windows PC

if you have a windows PC, iLiberty+ works well for that

4. mastershakess macrumors 6502

5. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iTouch 1.1.4 (pWN'd + JB'd): Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Wow. I can't even imagine still being on 1.1.2! That means you've spent the last five months without lyrics, re-arrangeable icons (on the fly, no re-spring or stupid app required), and no hybrid view in Maps? That sucks!!

You're almost a half a year late on an essential upgrade, mate ;)

6. Bitter macrumors member

I have never had a problem on 1.1.2
    and 1.1.3/4 are always getting problems according to everything I read online. 1.1.2 is perfect for me and I am not upgrading unless a really good and necessary jailbreak is released.

Bitter.

7. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

I finally got around to JB my 1.1.4 using ZiPhone. Works GREAT so far. I'm not sure why I waited this long but I glad that I did it.

Cheers,
    :):apple:

8. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

the current 1.1.4 jailbreaks are the only one's out it wouldn't make sense to make new ones after sdk since 2.0 will be the new firmware to concentrate on.

ziphone and iLiberty and ijailbreak all offer one click jailbreaks and take like 2 minutes to jailbreak the ipod, you couldn't get a more easier stable jailbreak really.

if its a case of your scared of bricking then dont cause I have yet to see someone who has bricked their iPod, there are people that have had problems like scrolling code on screen when a one of the jailbreaks has gone wrong but never a bricked ipod, any jailbreak that goes wrong can easily be restored

9. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/N45AP Safari/419.3)

1.1.4 jailbroken, rock solid. Honestly, I dont know why you would stick with 1.1.2, the 1.1.3,4 are much better, and plus I haven't had to restore in MONTHS.

10. GT41 macrumors regular

I used iLiberty+ to jailbreak my 16GB Touch months ago and never had any problems. I don't think the last few jailbreak methods were sketchy I think they required a slight bit more patience initially but once it was done it worked fine.:p

11. iwannamac thread starter macrumors member

1. Ok, fine. Which method should I use, and how, going from 1.1.2?
    2. How can I get my iPhone apps back on...specifically the "5" apps?
    3. Will iSolitaire work on 1.1.4? I know this sounds stupid, but it's a nightly ritual for the wife.

12. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Yes, i can confirm isolitare, to upgrade, update to 1.1.4, and use ziphone, iliberty, or pwnagetool (or winpwn)

your choice, i would reccomend the first two

13. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I would say for ease of use ziphone is an app that just downloads to pc unzips to a folder and then a one button click.

update to 1.1.4 official via itunes then run the jailbreak.

for the apps add this source: http://ipodtouched.net/repo.xml and then in category section of installer go to ipod touched and install iphone apps + wiggle

I too can confirm solitaire works under 1.1.4 jailbreak

14. maximus96 macrumors 6502a

maximus96

I am also still on 1.1.2. the only reason I’m not upgrading is because the hassle of reinstalling everything and losing all my settings, mail, notes, etc. is there any easy way to upgrade and still keep all the apps and data?

15. iwannamac thread starter macrumors member

IIRC, the locate function in Maps.app was not working properly with JB 1.1.4. Has this been fixed?

16. mackydude macrumors newbie

mackydude

use 1.1.4... its "rock solid" as you called it. not many problems that i have seen so far

17. iwannamac thread starter macrumors member

I forgot to mention I am running a Windows PC. I guess that means Ziphone is out.

18. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

maps find me function: this is not down to being jailbroken, you need to be in an area where there is registered networks that work with the feature.

and why is ziphone out the picture? works with windows and mac as does iLiberty+

19. iwannamac thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, as soon as I posted that, I saw that ziphone is available for Windows. I had read in some other forums that it wasn't.

I guess it's true...you can't believe everything you read! :)

20. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

always google before you jump to conclusions lol ziphone.org is the official website