still waiting for the app updates..

Bacong

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
I mean I know it's only been 4 days but I'm beginning to wonder when these app updates that support the new displays are coming. Not a single update I've gotten so far (and for me it's been like 6-7) have updated the app for the new displays. I'm using twitter instead of tweetbot because the scaling is so bad in tweetbot.

I know they're coming I just wish it was sooner!

I also heard that app updates were backed up like 15 days or something. Gotta be such a large amount of submissions :p

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
I mean I know it's only been 4 days but I'm beginning to wonder when these app updates that support the new displays are coming. Not a single update I've gotten so far (and for me it's been like 6-7) have updated the app for the new displays. I'm using twitter instead of tweetbot because the scaling is so bad in tweetbot.

yeah, same here. features of some apps are unusable because buttons have buttons on top of them... and also some are still not ios 8 compatible..

Eric8199

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2009
Keep in mind, many developers only learned about the new phones officially a couple of weeks ago. It takes time to recode things. They'll come. Relax. Enjoy your phone.

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2008
still waiting for the app updates..

Youtube and Facebook are friggin atrocious

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
Keep in mind, many developers only learned about the new phones officially a couple of weeks ago. It takes time to recode things. They'll come. Relax. Enjoy your phone.

This. Happened with the 5 too, took a few weeks and all was well. It'll happen.

Lashae

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
I'm sure it's coming, I got an update to an app just tonight. Patience is probably key here.

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
I have had several apps updated for it. And although most developers knew that it was coming, most did not really start working on it too actual iOS release from what I have seen from some of the developers I follow on Twitter. Facebook is closely integrated with Apple and even they were not ready (although I would say their developers appear to never be ready for anything)

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Tweetbot, Facebook, Viber, Starbucks, RBC, CTV, Globe & Mail (crashes, actually), MyFitnessPal, Dropbox... None of these are updated.

Yahoo News Digest, CNN, Tumblr, NY Times, Day One, Kobo are.

Vihzel

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
The vast majority of third party apps are not optimized for the newest iPhones yet. It'll take some time. I am particularly waiting for Youtube, Facebook, Kindle, Google Maps, Chrome, and Instagram.

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island

I also heard that app updates were backed up like 15 days or something. Gotta be such a large amount of submissions :p
I tried Twitter but ended up just changing the text system size in tweetbot settings. Works for now...

Bacong

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
I already had tweetbot down to the smallest font :(

----------

The vast majority of third party apps are not optimized for the newest iPhones yet. It'll take some time. I am particularly waiting for Youtube, Facebook, Kindle, Google Maps, Chrome, and Instagram.

not according to that other guy!

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
please list every third party app you have that displays natively on the new displays.
Em no. Too much work. I said most. I recall more than 25 updates said something about containing iPhone 6 related stuff. My memory of each individual app is not that good so I'm not going to launch every single app on my phone just to sort them out. I will say most of the news apps are updated. Instapaper is too I think. Flipboard, not sure if they plan on adding more tiles for larger displays as it currently sits at 3 rows of 2 tiles regardless of 6 or 5. It's been updated for iOS 8 I think.

I already had tweetbot down to the smallest font :(

----------

not according to that other guy!
I said most of the apps I personally use are updated. You might use exactly zero of those apps. Who knows.

Cool Pup

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
There might be updates for the 6, but hardly any (if any at all) for the 6+. I'll give it a month or two before I start to be too upset, but the basics (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter) should be appropriately sized by now.

dkh587

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2009
Surprised to see that not many people use McTube instead of YouTube. Miles better IMO simply because of the option for 1080p + being able to play audio from the background! And there's like 0 ads to sit through. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.