Still waiting for windows 10 upgrade to mac mini and imac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JEREZANO, Aug 31, 2015.

1. JEREZANO macrumors newbie

JEREZANO

two weeks ago I run all windows updates in boot camp and both mac mini 2012 and imac 2013 and I got the windows logo in the right bottom side I made my reservations for both but still waiting and waiting it only says you already made your reservation it maybe takes days or weeks .....
    Anybody knows how I can make this prosses more faster thank you.......:rolleyes:

2. MVPA macrumors newbie

MVPA

Just download the upgrade tool from here.

Choose "Upgrade this PC now" when you run it.

3. JEREZANO thread starter macrumors newbie

JEREZANO

Thank you MVPA I have a question when you upgrade this way you tell me in some point of the upgrade it ask for the windows key rigth.?? Beacause I saw a friend that upgrade his windows pc but he did after microsoft sent to him the upgrade and the upgrade newer ask for a windows key do you knows something about thank you......:)

4. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

You are going to need the product key from your copy of Windows 7 or 8. I can tell you that when I did the upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, it asked for my product key from my copy of Windows 7 during the install. Not sure about the process a pc uses to install the upgrade as I do not personally own a pc. I can only think that when Microsoft sent him the invite to upgrade, it checked to see that he had a legit license for Windows on his pc and then continued to send him the upgrade.

5. MVPA macrumors newbie

MVPA

Hi,

No it shouldn't ask for a product key as long as you have a legit activated copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.