Still worth getting the White iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by i0Nic, Aug 6, 2008.

1. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Hey guys, to those that have purchased a white iPhone or are thinking of getting it, have you come to regret your decision or will now get the black instead due to recent quality issues? Such as:
    - Cracking
    - Light leak

What do you think, is the white one still worth it, or better to be safe with the black (smudge town)?

2. JWages macrumors regular

Either one of them are worth it. Your decision should simply be based on your personal preference.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Got the white and there are no regrets; no cracks, no smudges and no light leak. They are readily available here in California. I must be one of the lucky ones. :cool:

4. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

if you want the white iPhone...after replacements youll get a perfect one..or one that your satisfied with. so get that white

5. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

No cracking, no light leak, and no regrets here. :)

6. i0Nic thread starter macrumors 65816

With the white one, when you use it in the dark can you see light seeping out from the back case when you turn it around?

7. nimda0 macrumors 6502

nimda0

They both come with a warranty and are both subject to the same flaws regardless of color. I don't care what anyone else says about that subject, it's true... both colors of iphone 3g have been proven to experience the same exact things.... maybe not as much, but they've still had cracks and light leaks happen.

Pick your favorite color, and buy it. If you have an issue, use the warranty. You won't likely have the same problem twice, so if you do have the issue know that you'll get a new phone out of it.

8. hexonxonx macrumors 601

The black phones can crack as well, they are not as noticeable on the black.

Love my white iPhone. It looks so fancy when I show it to people. :D

9. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

No cracking, light leaking, or regrets here either. ;)

10. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

No issues for me I love the white. Only problem is a single stuck pixel.

11. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Got a white iPhone day 1 and have had no problems.

12. slicecom macrumors 68020

I wouldnt get one because the risk of cracks and being able to see light through the back of the phone seem to be much greater than black, however, the vast majority of white iPhones are flawless, so it's up to you. Luck of the draw.