Hi Team, I am itching to pull the trigger to get a Mac Pro. However I am undecided between the 5,1 and 6,1. What I will be running: 6 1920x1200 monitors. I have this already set up, just waiting for the right computer. What I will be using: Atom, Github, Photoshop, Illustrator, Chrome (3 Windows ~ 50 tabs - I tend not to close my windows and tabs), xCode. This will be a Developer computer. Looking at this thread, would it be worth it to buy a 5,1 and spec it up. Or a base 6,1. One thing I am weary about is the 5,1's compatibility with future OSX. If I were to buy the 5,1 - I would like to stay stock options as possible. If I can get away with the 5870 and the max 12 core CPU to run those items, that will be great. Just not sure about the 1GB rams in the GPU. Ram will be higher obviously. It's already Dec 2015. - if the prices of the 6,1 drop because a newer MP comes out - I can wait. Else I would pull the trigger for the 5,1 now. TLDR: Use: 6 Monitors (1920x1200) Apps: Atom, Chrome, Github, Illustrator, Photoshop, Xcode Mac Pro 5,1: CPU: Two Intel Xeon X5675 (3.06GHz) GPU: Dual 5770 / or recommended upgraded GPU Ram: +32GB 2 - Mini DisplayPort and 1 - dual-link DVI Mac Pro 6,1: Base Model CPU: 3.7GHz Quad-Core (Intel Xeon E5-1620) GPU: Dual D300 Ram: +32GB (will update after purchase) Up to 6 - Thunderbolt Mac.