Still worth the hassle to jb iPhone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jedi5, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Jedi5 macrumors 6502

Jedi5

My first iPhone was jb.
    Had problems with the phone, had to restore and got a new one from
    the Apple store.

Question is...

Still worth all the hassle for jb the iPhone?
    Really all I want/wanted with my jb was the GV app.
    While there were other cool apps, the GV was the only one I was after.
    I miss that app.

Anyone here jb their iPhone only to restore because you didn't want your jb anymore?

My latest phone doesn't have a hack yet to jb but even if it did, I wouldn't do it again.
    To many hassles with Cydia for me.

Anyone else?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

To me and many others its well worth the hassle.
    I wouldnt go back to stock firmware ever.
    But its your choice, if you wouldnt do it again and you think its too much hassle then dont.
    Why ask this in the hacks section? Seems like you already made your decision.

3. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

I've recently had to JB my iPad to be able to background apps. I'd forgotten how much I dislike Cydia etc. I won't miss it come fall. My iPhone running 4.0 is damn near perfect and thankfully once eveything works I won't have a single reason to JB anymore.

4. vertigomhs macrumors member

it's not much of a hassle nowadays to be honest... the jailbreak is just a simple click of a button with spirit and as of now it seems to be worth it, tethering and multitasking are two big reasons as to why I still do it.

and if you do ever need to restore just put it in dfu mode and a restore should be simple as long as you're on the latest firmware since the 3gs firmware files have to be signed now.

what do you mean your phone isn't hacked yet? every single apple device is jailbroken as of now, including the 4.0 beta builds.

in case you do decide to jb... use spiritjb.com

5. yoppie macrumors 6502a

I applied a jailbreak to my iPhone for the first time last Thursday and I must say I've been pretty pleased. If I had known it was so simple (spiritjb) I would have done it much sooner.

If you haven't applied a jailbreak to 3.1.3 yet, I'd probably hold off now since the new 4.0 software will be announced (and possibly released) on tomorrow. I don't have the GV mobile app but I have used Google's web app and found it to be ok. I saved it to my home screen so it looks like an app, it works for me.

6. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

How do you save web apps to your home screen?

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You bookmark a website and add it to your homescreen as a shortcut.
    Thats been available for years now.

8. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Hassle??? With Spirit, anyone who thinks jb is a hassle might as well turn your iPhone in and use a land line.