Stinks

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Drumerdude, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Drumerdude macrumors member

I just bought a new imac 2 weeks ago, and the ironic part is, I told my parents to wait untill April to get me a new imac. I got the $1500 imac and now the new $1500 imac is a 24'' with better components. I really wish I waited.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Your parents paid for it; why complain? It's not like you wasted you hard earned dough…

3. Beau10 macrumors 6502a

If it were me, I'd ask my parents to give me my money back. If they whine about it tell them sell it on Craigslist - they should have had the foresight to know that a new iMac was in the works. .

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You might as well go steal your parent's jewelry, their car, and sell everything to buy yourself some new computers or better yet, take a vacation! :rolleyes:

5. Beau10 macrumors 6502a

It's time to get your sarcasm detector serviced.

6. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

I'm with alphaod, I didn't think your post sounded sarcastic. But whatever.

OP, don't complain about your computer. I would rather have your 20" than the new 24" model. You may get a bigger screen now but they put in a crappy graphics card. Your model has the Radeon 2600XT which is a very capable card. The new 24" has the 9400M, the same one that the MacBooks have.

7. Drumerdude thread starter macrumors member

I'm not really mad enough to ask my parents for a refund, because my imac is still awesome and a whole lot better than my old Dell Dimension L700cx that was running Windows Millennium.:D

8. edgew8 macrumors regular

edgew8

an atari 2600 found in a dumpster runs better than WindowsME. sorry you didn't get the bigger screen but that piss ant 9400m graphics card will suck on that 24" screen.

9. iMaclvr macrumors newbie

Is the graphics card really that crappy on the new iMacs?

I heard the 24" models have an excellent video quality, noticeably better than the 20". Just wondering! :eek:

10. Drumerdude thread starter macrumors member

yeah, That would of been kind of cool with a 24" sitting on my desk. I'm happy though, and that's all that matters.

11. Eric-PTEK macrumors 6502

2 weeks?

Take it back, they let me return mine 3 weeks late. I offered to pay the restock fee but they waved it.