STM Bag user comments

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kitki83, Feb 5, 2008.

1. kitki83 macrumors 6502a

Basically I am trying to get a some pictures showing the bag filled up and a 360 but no luck (company's gallery did not help). Also I saw one version with a rubber back is it on this model (look link for model info).

I just want to know for me would it hold my things my Macbook, several magazines, and books in the main bags as for the smaller ones does it hold, cellphones, ipod (nano and/or classic) notepad (moleskin), wallet, USB sticks.

Let me know if this bag may be to small or fits perfectly with my requirements, also whats the maximum size width and length of a book it can hold.

Like I said if you have pictures of this bag with all your belongings, I can get an idea if it can deal with my stuff.

Amazon Link of STM Bag

Thank you

2. cazlar macrumors 6502

Can't help you with your question, but I will just give STM a plug for good build quality and overall greatness. I have their backpack (the older Sport model I think) and their 12"PB glove and both have done me well for over 4 years of tough wear and tear.

Plus they are an Australian company and I'm biased. :D

3. kitki83 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Whats the material, the picture makes it look like low quality, I just wanted to know if the backpack can handle laptop plus some books and gadget.

4. spriter macrumors 65816

spriter

I have an STM Small Alley and love it.

What can I fit inside then? If I want it stuffed I can fit:

Main 'MacBook' compartment (rear)
    Padded all around.
    MacBook, plus one 260 page A4 book and 200 page A4 notepad.
    There's plenty of room even with the MacBook in there. If you sleeve the MB you can lose the 200 page notepad.

Secondary compartment (middle):
    Power brick, cables, box with OSX Install Discs, mouse, iPod cables and charger, USB sticks, camera.

Third zipped 3/4 height compartment (front):
    iPod, a few mobile phones, earphones, Apple Remote, spare camera memory cards.

On the front of the 3/4 zipped compartment is an open pocket where you can put pens, cleaning cloths, small notepad maybe.

The main foldover flap is zipped. You can get a newspaper in here.

Nothing on the sides.

On the back, adjacent to the MacBook compartment is another zip. You can store a 10 or so A4-sized papers in here, nothing too thick.

On the strap is a small velcro pocket where you could put a small phone or something. I don't use it though (too much in the 'open' air for me).

No rubber back. Maximum book size would be the size of a MacBook.

5. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

I have last year's model of that bag; looks to be the same design, just different fabric. I bought it because it's so low profile, but in actuality, I can stuff a ridiculous amount of stuff in there with my MacBook. Even the front flap can hold a lot of stuff. The most stuff I've had it in at once was probably:

* macbook
    * Garmin 60CS GPS
    * Canon a560 digital camera
    * macbook powercord/brick
    * iPod power cord brick
    * 3 USB keys
    * bunch of paperwork from the office
    * 3 or 4 DVDs
    * couple sets of iPod earphones
    * some other random junk

I've had it over a year now, and it still looks brand new, and I get a lot of compliments on it. Highly recommend it!

6. kfordham281 macrumors 6502

I have the medium alley (you linked to the small I think) and it has worked well. I've taken it on several business trips and countless plane rides. I usually carry the following:

MBP
    2-3 magazines and maybe a book
    power supply
    2G iPod nano
    iPhone
    multiple pairs of earphones
    hat
    snacks
    a few pens and pencils
    a few other small items (stuff)

All in all I would recommend them.

7. kitki83 thread starter macrumors 6502a