iPad STM Grip 2 Impressions

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Poob Bubes, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Poob Bubes macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

It's a little on the heavy side (250g) but I like the fit and functionality. The design lets you use it while lounging in a recliner or bed with ease. Pics to follow.

----------

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. donnaw macrumors 65816

250 grams! The website says 181 grams. Mines on back order. I had the Grip for my last two iPads and found them to be pretty light considering everything.

Did you actually weigh it yourself? I know it may not sound like much but those extra grams will be disappointing, especially on the Air. I was already disappointed they did away with the colors.

My favorite case might not be so perfect for me any more. Sigh......

But thanks for the review.

3. Poob Bubes thread starter macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

:(
    [​IMG]

For comparison, the Poetic Slimline I've been using is 177g.

4. donnaw macrumors 65816

Thanks for the confirmation. I really wasn't questioning you just expressing my surprise it was so much more. I really am disappointed with the weight. I absolutely loved the Grip. Hopefully I won't mind the extra weight. Such a shame though. I suspect it comes from the different stand.

Anyway, thank you very much for the review. Guess I'll just wait for my back order to arrive and then decide if it weighs too much for my liking.

The original served me well. My granddaughter actually dropped it once and then proceeded to walk on it. She was only 3 and weighed about 35 lbs I think but the iPad came through it with no damage. I've had people on a plane dump their drink on it (it was closed at the time and to be fair we did have turbulence). Just a quick wipe of the cover and it was done.