Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vynce

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
According to RadTech, the stm Rebound has been discontinued. The RadTech rep that I've had contact with said that he would confirm this with stm for me.

That pretty much leaves the Axio Hardsleeve, Booq Viper M2, and Shinza ZeroShock as the only sleeves that offer good impact protection and can fold open completely.

The Axio Hardsleeve is expensive and seems to be a bit overkill. I've read several complaints about the Booq Viper zipper scratching computers. The ZeroShock apparently isn't as good as the Rebound and doesn't fit the MacBook Pro snugly.

Anyone have any recommendations for similar sleeves that would fit a 15" MacBook Pro and offer more protection than neoprene?

Vynce

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
I'm surprised that there haven't been any replies to this thread. The Rebound seemed to be quite popular based on my searches. :confused:

I received a reply from stm and they confirmed that the Rebounds have been discontinued. They still have a lot of the 13" models and a few of the iBook models left.

Does anyone have any other protective sleeve recommendations? The neoprene sleeves don't seem to have much impact protection.

astarling06

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2006
Manhattan, KS
Tucano Second Skin Folder for MBP

I just picked up my Tucano Second Skin sleeve for my MBP from my union computer store. It is a perfect fit for my MBP and appears that it will protect very well. It was a decent price at only $30. Have a look at it and see what you think... http://www.tucano.com/US/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.