STM Skinny for the new iPad - Sleep/Wake Function?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ImperialX, Mar 26, 2012.

1. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

I've heard that the sleep/wake function does not work for many third party cases.

I currently have a STM Skinny for the new iPad on preorder on radtech. Does anyone have it yet? I know some eBay sellers are already selling it (in stock). I do not want to have to return them since shipping is so expensive to Aussie...

I know the Incipio Lexington advertised that it works, but in reality it doesn't. This worries me quite a bit.

2. St8kout macrumors regular

What happened is Apple started using a polarity sensor because some people reported that folding the cover all the way around to the back was causing their ipad2s to turn off. So now the magnets must be oriented correctly in the cover to work. This is probably why some of the older covers worked and some didn't, they just put the magnets in without regard to polarity and it was just by chance if they were facing the right way.

3. oli356 macrumors 6502

4. ImperialX thread starter macrumors 65816

ImperialX

5. Advil macrumors 6502a

6. mixedup macrumors member

Just got mine today....sleep/wake function is not working. Bummer, as it's a nice looking case.

7. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Mine came a couple days ago - iPad 3 version. Magnets work just fine on my iPad 3.

8. pdawg macrumors regular

Mine (3rd gen) is working perfectly fine for sleep/wake.

9. Stefx73 macrumors regular

Radtech's web site still says out of stock (pre-order) for the iPad 3 Skinny

Where did you buy yours?