STM Skinny - Is there better?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Tobster3, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Tobster3 macrumors 6502

Any users / admirers of the STM Skinny found a case that they like better than the Skinny?

2. sexytabitha macrumors regular

been using the yoobao islim case for the past week and its a nice case. getting use to the way the back folds around and holding it takes a bit to get use to and the magnetic closure works pretty good on the ver 2 i have, didn't have the ver 1 others talked about.
    Don't like the strap thingy on the stm reminds me of the Yoobao iPad 1 slim case that strap becomes impedent after awhile

3. dbarron macrumors newbie

I admired the STM Skinny for awhile, and even waited for the 'next' product they released. (The one we hoped simply improved a few things on the Skinny but was really a whole different type of case.)

Instead, I ended up getting the CaseCrown Omni. It's about as minimal as you can get and still have coverage on the back and an attached cover. I still get the magnetic closure and don't have a strap to deal with. I've been very pleased.

4. kschles macrumors regular

kschles

I liked the Skinny quite a bit at first, but it didn't wear very well for me. I wasn't particularly rough with it (quite the opposite), but after awhile the edges started fraying and the tab attached started loosening. Had high hopes for the STM Kicker, but that was pretty much a disaster.

I've been using the Toblino 2:

http://www.amazon.com/Toblino-Leath...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1314292454&sr=1-1

I like the Toblino, although it's not really the same style as the Skinny. It's a little thicker (but I think the protection is a little better). The stand and typing feature works well, as does folding the cover all the way back and the sleep/awake feature. At first the clasp bugged me a little, but I've gotten used to it, and appreciate that it keeps the cover in place when closed. I've learned that all cases seem to have compromises. For now, I've stopped looking for that perfect case, and am enjoying my Ipad.

5. Bckrupps macrumors newbie

Yep my stm slim tab came loose and the thread came out all over and im not hard on my cases. I too got my toblino 2 case and its the best i ever had. My girlfiend has a galaxy tablet which sucks lol and i also have a hp touchpad from the firesale. I buy the cases when they get discounted. After getting the toblino 2 i learned my lesson. Buy a good case and you only buy one instead of 4 crappy ones. That includes the switcheasy as I have 2 broken ones to prove it and that wasnt cheap. They are great with warranties but too many weak points in the shell

6. Tobster3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I love the Skinny but it's starting to look a Bit Shabby although it has done me well. I think I'll check out the Toblino 2. Thanks for the replies. :)