Stock App on Beta

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Thai, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Thai, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016

Thai macrumors 6502a

Thai

I am on the latest OS3 Beta...stock app (stock prices) still not working. App Refresh is ON.

Anyone else got theirs to work in the Dock?

2. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

Mine works on the latest Dev Beta 6. It works via the complication or going to the home screen in addition to the dock.

3. Thai thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thai

So, in DOCK, your stock apps updates quickly when you go to it? I am also on beta 6.

4. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

My stock apps work instantly in the dock and carrot does as well. Carrot has an updated version for OS3 and IOS 10 - still in test. Was driving home today that goes across about 10 cities and it was updating location very quickly or was already current on the home screen.

I have settings in the dock and instantly gain access to wake screen. The timer is instant and shows the updated time on dock.

Can you explain what your issue is with the stock apps?

5. Thai thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thai

Stock app in Dock does not update frequently...so, when I go there, it takes a LOONNGG time for the stock prices to update. And if I go out and back into it, it's the same price until some time later it changes. (During that time, my iPhone has updated the prices many times.). It lags behind iPhone a lot. And IF I don't have my iPhone unlocked, then it takes even longer.

6. Thai thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thai

Well, i checked again today and compared my Watch with my iPhone and my iPad (using 3rd party stock app). iPhone and iPad stock apps changed within milliseconds of each other. Watch stock app changed some 30 second or longer later. And going back to my watch face and then back to stock app does nothing...no updating.

7. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Oh, now I understand what you are asking. You are right that updates can be right away or up to 30 minutes. I read one developer saying that with OS3 they can update up to 50 times per day but they need to choose when and how often.

I was trying to get sports scores to update like you were asking and it never did. I could force updates instabtlt by having notifications for every score, etc. that worked but it required notifications.

When I opened carrot for example, it would have the current or would update within a second or two.

8. Thai thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thai

Exactly, Apple Weather app works beautifully and near-instant. But, Stock apps is same as in OS2 in terms of speed.

9. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

I thought you meant stock as in the apps that come with the watch from Apple. Not financial stocks :)

10. Thai thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thai

Ahhhh!!! Now, i understand more about your response!! :D LOL I should have worded it better!