Stock Check?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by GeorgeN111, Jul 16, 2012.

1. GeorgeN111 macrumors regular

Hello everyone,

I will be travelling to America from July 30th for three weeks and If Amazon do not have stock by then, I will need to try and locate stock of the new rMBP. I will be purchasing the 8gb Base Model.

Is there a site which locates stock of the new rMBP's. I was using Best Buy stock locating but that feature is not working now.

Is there any website which helps to locate stock or do I have to phone each viable store separately and ask whether they have stock.

Many thanks,

George.

P.S I will be travelling to California, Utah, Nevada and Arizona.

2. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

The Apple online site does have the function, but it's not active for the rMBP right now (Pick Up in the online store check-out process). The best way to attack this with information available today is to call the individual Apple stores you plan to visit. This is a fairly simple task and in my experience the employees have been very receptive to such calls.

Good luck!

3. friendchet macrumors newbie

If you want,you can buy it from BHPhotovideo.com as well. They have the 8GB base version in stock right now...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/871860-REG/Apple_MC975LL_A_15_4_MacBook_Pro_Notebook.html

4. GeorgeN111 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I did not think of B&H. Thanks for letting me know!:D

Just another question, do you expect either the Apple Store or Best Buy to accept a British Student card in order to get student discount. I am just curious.

Also I know it is a shot in the dark but do you even expect Best Buy to have regular stock of the rMBP by the middle of August?

Many thanks, George.

----------

Seems like B&H video is not an option now as they won't ship to a hotel. :/

5. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

They shouldn't give you any problems on student discount because you go to school overseas. A friend of my goes to med school in England and had no problem getting student discount here in the states.

I think Best Buy will definitely have them in stock by mid-August. I happened to stop in at my local best buy the other day to they had plenty in stock and they had them on sale for $2089. They have a promotion running for $100 off for students. All you need to do is register your .edu address at their college deals website and they'll mail you the coupon you need to bring in. Brings it down to $1989.

Obviously the Apple deal is batter because you get a $100 iTunes gift card, but thats where everyone is flocking to, so they still have very limited supply.

6. GeorgeN111 thread starter macrumors regular

Thankyou very much, good to hear that I should be ok with a UK student discount card.

In regards to the $100 Dollars off, someone posted that coupon for $100 of all Macs so I will be using that at Best Buy and just asking them to add the student discount.

I will not be able to register using an .edu address because my High School in England does not have one as far as I know.

Many thanks for your help,

George.

7. Fatt, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012

Fatt macrumors member

I don't believe high school students qualify for the (apple) educational discount, only high school teachers/staff. I could be wrong, so you may want to look into that.

8. JrJ 15 macrumors member

9. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

Doesn't work