Stock Firmware -> RedSnow JB -> Stock Firmware

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dammit Cubs, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

I wanted to know if this was an option:

if I installed the Redsnow exploit onto my iphone 4 and then I decided I didn't want it and wanted to wait because lets say I didn't like the tethered option.

How do I return the phone back to stock as if JB never happened? Is that possible?

2. ashman70 macrumors 6502a

If you have your shsh blobs saved from a prior firmware, say 4.1 then you would simply do a restore to that firmware, there are specific instructions all over the web on how to do this.

3. Dammit Cubs thread starter macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

The reason why i ask is. I must of done something wrong when my old iphone 4. I erased the contents and tried to do a restore, but itunes gave me an error and I stuck with a bricked phone.

I didn't want that same scenario 6 months down the road.

4. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

How did you erase the contents?

WHat error did iTunes show?

How is your iPhone bricked?

5. Dammit Cubs thread starter macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

I did it within the phone under erase all contents. Im starting to think that was the reason.

I don't know the exact error. I had another problem with my lockbutton just randomly failing and the apple store accepted it.

I think brick is a poor choice of words. I should of said, it was unrecoverable with my knowledge because using DFU mode + restore caused the itunes error every time.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

7. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

+1.

It is the absolute worst thing to do, it will give you all sorts of problems. What you need to do is simply restore to 4.2.1 and get a fresh start. I would start phone as new, not from a backup, to get rid of all jailbroken traces on your phone. You can go to 4.1 if you have your 4.1 blobs saved in cydia.