Stock Footage

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by matteusclement, Mar 14, 2012.

1. matteusclement macrumors 65816

matteusclement

I live on the west coast of canada and have a t2i and canon hv30.
    Is there any chance that I can make money getting stock footage here to sell to someone like artbeats?

if there isn't much money and I just wanted to share footage, any suggestions where I could do that?

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Can you match the quality of Art Beats and do you have footage, or footage ideas, of things that aren't currently on Art Beats? If so, then maybe. I doubt you are going to get there w/a T2i or HV30 though.

If you search for free stock footage I'm sure you could find sites to submit things too.

Lethal

3. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

I agree I do not think that neither camera would work for what you are looking to do with it.

Upload some Hd to Vimeo or YouTube for us to see.

4. matteusclement thread starter macrumors 65816

matteusclement

what level of camera would I need? canon xh a1?

5. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

For Art Beats level stuff? Red, Alexa, 35mm film, F65, etc.,. is I think the quality level people look for. People pay for stock footage to get shots they can't otherwise get at quality they can't otherwise get.

Art Beats has a lower tier service called FootageHub that I've seen some EX1 footage on, but I probably won't go any lower than that.

Lethal

6. matteusclement thread starter macrumors 65816

matteusclement

is there any website that offers stock footage at lower quality?

like I said, if not paid, i wouldn't mind sharing my stuff. think vimeo would work?

7. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I don't know any off the top of my head, but if you search for "free stock footage" or "creative commons stock footage" I bet you'll find a number of sites.

Lethal

8. WRP macrumors 6502a

It takes more than a good camera to take great video someone would want to buy. Most of those sites make you submit work and they decide if they want to let you shoot for them.

9. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

With a t3i you could definitely make time lapses that would be worthy for consideration. This is something to consider.