Stock Footage

matteusclement

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
victoria
I live on the west coast of canada and have a t2i and canon hv30.
Is there any chance that I can make money getting stock footage here to sell to someone like artbeats?

if there isn't much money and I just wanted to share footage, any suggestions where I could do that?

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Can you match the quality of Art Beats and do you have footage, or footage ideas, of things that aren't currently on Art Beats? If so, then maybe. I doubt you are going to get there w/a T2i or HV30 though.

If you search for free stock footage I'm sure you could find sites to submit things too.

Lethal

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
I agree I do not think that neither camera would work for what you are looking to do with it.

Upload some Hd to Vimeo or YouTube for us to see.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
what level of camera would I need? canon xh a1?
For Art Beats level stuff? Red, Alexa, 35mm film, F65, etc.,. is I think the quality level people look for. People pay for stock footage to get shots they can't otherwise get at quality they can't otherwise get.

Art Beats has a lower tier service called FootageHub that I've seen some EX1 footage on, but I probably won't go any lower than that.

Lethal

matteusclement

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
victoria
is there any website that offers stock footage at lower quality?

like I said, if not paid, i wouldn't mind sharing my stuff. think vimeo would work?

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
I don't know any off the top of my head, but if you search for "free stock footage" or "creative commons stock footage" I bet you'll find a number of sites.

Lethal

WRP

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Boston
It takes more than a good camera to take great video someone would want to buy. Most of those sites make you submit work and they decide if they want to let you shoot for them.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
With a t3i you could definitely make time lapses that would be worthy for consideration. This is something to consider.