Stock for resellers running low?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Spyriadon, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Spyriadon macrumors regular

Spyriadon

Not concrete here but i popped into my local reseller today to ask if the had any low end 27" iMacs in stock and was told they had sold out.

Turns out after further questioning they had none in stock and none in any of there other stores in the UK. And to top it off when i asked if they could order one in they said no.

So basically i think the third party retailers are now being bottle necked in terms of stock.

Thoughts, comments?

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

I'm guessing the new model is coming within the month. That would just make sense.

3. Spyriadon thread starter macrumors regular

Spyriadon

Well i was looking at an Easter refresh and im assuming its going to be silent.

4. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Nah, Steve Jobs will pop out of an egg in Times Square holding a 1/4 scale iMac model :D

5. Spyriadon thread starter macrumors regular

Spyriadon

Hah i wouldn't put it past him.

6. cinek macrumors 6502

same here - if amazon US is anything to go by :) it still says shipping within 2-4 weeks, which would be somewhere around easter :D

7. Spyriadon thread starter macrumors regular

Spyriadon

8. Eduardo1971 macrumors 65816

Eduardo1971

**fingers crossed**

My wife was actually giving me beef yesterday as to when were we going to buy a new computer. Man, these next 4-6 weeks will be spent painfully awaiting the iMac refresh.

9. cinek macrumors 6502

10. Spyriadon thread starter macrumors regular

Spyriadon

Oh so that was you?
    Yeah the stock levels when i checked last night were showing they had loads in stock but today it says different. Don't know if they changed from when you last looked but they have for me.

11. Dingthing macrumors newbie

John Lewis seem to be a bit light on the 27" models, though they have plenty of the 21"

12. Spyriadon thread starter macrumors regular

Spyriadon

10 of each spec of the 21.5? im not sure if that's average or not for john lewis.

13. Dingthing macrumors newbie

Not sure, will keep an eye on it over the next week. And the 27's too obviously

14. bellman macrumors member

I'm from Sweden and the stock are running low on the "27 model" almost everywhere. Now that's a very good sign!!:) I'm certain that the new iMac will see the daylight this month!

15. Spyriadon thread starter macrumors regular

Spyriadon

Just got home from work and i popped into my local Curry's to ask if they had any in stock and they had no 27" in store and only one 21.5"

i asked if they could order any 27" for me and they said that they dident get any in there last delivery meaning there main warehouse in the UK is out of stock. =]