Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wavazey

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
Hi guys just thought you might like to know this!! I was speaking to a CPW manager this evening and she confirmed to me that all stores are receiving handsets. With the smallest stores receiving 50 handsets and the larger stores receiving up to 200 units!!!!

She also confirmed that they have working demo phones in store!!

She also informed me that her store would be receiving their allocation of handsets on wednesday. She did however say that unfortunately she wouldn't be able to sell any until friday!!!!!!!!!!

She knew what was going through my mind!!

P

ibanana

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2007
London
Hi guys just thought you might like to know this!! I was speaking to a CPW manager this evening and she confirmed to me that all stores are receiving handsets. With the smallest stores receiving 50 handsets and the larger stores receiving up to 200 units!!!!

She also confirmed that they have working demo phones in store!!

She also informed me that her store would be receiving their allocation of handsets on wednesday. She did however say that unfortunately she wouldn't be able to sell any until friday!!!!!!!!!!

She knew what was going through my mind!!

P

is it a central london store ?

paulo999

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2007
CPW are "expecting" to sell 10,000 on Friday. If stock is 50-200 per shop, there shouldn't be any problem with them running out.

wavazey

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
Ibana,

No it is not a central london store. It is a fairly small store in Northern Ireland. However, according to what i was told as i magine the central london stores to be the biggest i would imagine they would have the 200 units in store.

Cheers

P

Geffen

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2007
Michigan
I would think the larger Apple stores would have the highest stock of the iPhones which most likely would be 200 to 500 iPhones and the smaller stores would have at least 100 iPhones the stores that will carry only 50 will run out.

Smog

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2007
i went into my local CPW and had a converstaion with a staff member
Me: so you open until 10 on friday?
staff: Yes, should be exciting
Me: Are you expecting to get many in stock?
Staff: we are classed as an average sized store, so we are getting about 100-200
Me: So i take it your expecting many then
Staff: I'd say no, but thats a lie. the manager tells us the CPW are now expecting to sell 45,000 on launch nationwide.
Me: Have you any in stock yet, like demo versions?
Staff: Again i'd say know, but thats a lie
Me: Just about to open my mouth........
Staff: ....i know what your going to say, and you cant go on one, the manager wasnt going to let us at first, but didnt want to be cruel.

so just to let you all know on stock levels, and hows come he tells me 45,000 , yet CPW said 10,000 ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.