Stock OS X icons?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by volboi85, Aug 16, 2007.

1. volboi85 macrumors newbie

Hi, this is my first post on this board... Does anyone know of where I can find the stock icons for various applications? A while ago I changed some of them and now I would like to go back to the default ones... thanks in advance for any help.

2. kostia macrumors regular

Assuming you changed icons by copying and pasting in the Get Info window, just open Get Info again, click on the icon and hit command-X (Cut). The stock icon should reappear.

If you used a program to change icons, like CandyBar, it should have an option to restore system icons.

3. volboi85 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C25 Safari/419.3)

thank you so much, I used the copy and paste merhod, so I'll try what you said when i'm near my computer again.

4. DavieBoy macrumors 6502

DavieBoy

thanks a bunch, I wanted to change back my idisk icon now that the stock one doesn't suck.

I just proved that some people do look up old posts rather than just re-asking the same question.

5. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

Thank you for that, but in the future, please don't proceed to then necro the thread. It's almost as annoying as not searching in the first place.