Stock OS X icons?

volboi85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Hi, this is my first post on this board... Does anyone know of where I can find the stock icons for various applications? A while ago I changed some of them and now I would like to go back to the default ones... thanks in advance for any help.

kostia

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2007
Assuming you changed icons by copying and pasting in the Get Info window, just open Get Info again, click on the icon and hit command-X (Cut). The stock icon should reappear.

If you used a program to change icons, like CandyBar, it should have an option to restore system icons.

volboi85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C25 Safari/419.3)

thank you so much, I used the copy and paste merhod, so I'll try what you said when i'm near my computer again.

DavieBoy

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2009
New Jersey
thanks a bunch, I wanted to change back my idisk icon now that the stock one doesn't suck.

I just proved that some people do look up old posts rather than just re-asking the same question.

J the Ninja

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
thanks a bunch, I wanted to change back my idisk icon now that the stock one doesn't suck.

I just proved that some people do look up old posts rather than just re-asking the same question.
Thank you for that, but in the future, please don't proceed to then necro the thread. It's almost as annoying as not searching in the first place.