Stock pictures used in-store?

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by micrors4racer, Aug 12, 2012.

1. micrors4racer macrumors 6502

Anyone know if the stock pictures in the photo albums of all the devices in the Apple store are anywhere online?

2. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

3. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I'm pretty sure he's asking about the photo's that you see on all the display iPhone's/iPad's/iMac's/MBP's in stores. If you open iPhoto you'll see a bunch of photo's and the OP is asking whether or not those are stock photo's from else where on the internet.

To the OP, I'm not sure, but to me, it looks like photo's taken by people at apple. A lot are photo's from the Bay area in California near the Apple HQ. I always got the feeling that they were taken by random Apple employees or something. I'm probably way off.

4. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

5. espiritujo macrumors member

espiritujo

I think there was another topic like this and someone had discussed going into the Apple store and putting the pictures in a USB drive to share with the forum. I don't think he could find the locations of the pictures though :(

6. micrors4racer thread starter macrumors 6502

That sounds like an idea. Do you happen to have a link to the thread?

7. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

8. Gibsonsoup macrumors regular

Gibsonsoup

in answer to the thread starter, nope, they're not stock photos. Apple has them specially shot for using them as demonstrative samples for albums.

But they're aren't pictures taken by Apple employes neither as it would employ a lot of privacy matters. moreover they're not random photos of people because since they're used to demonstrate Apple software such as iPhoto, Aperture, or the iOS photo albums, they're shot by professional photographers to achieve a look that is qualitatively perfect while maintaining a sort of "random" visuals to make it seem like they were effectively taken by the people you actually see in the albums doing trips, as they would have created an iPhoto album.

The people you see in the pictures are models or specific people that got paid for being portrayed in determinate situations (i.e. a family doing a family trip, or a group of friends traveling etc.) and for example they offer to a family or to a group of young people to get paid for a free trip or an adventure provided that they got photographed and give the permission to use their image as samples for Apple.