Stock- real time charting software?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Goofy Yno, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Goofy Yno macrumors member

Hi,
    I'm new here, and... achem....a PC user.:eek:
    I just bought my wife a Macbook pro, which she likes.
    I need to replace my PC and was sold on a 24" I mac, but.. (U knew there had to be a but...) I actively trade stocks. I currently use a Scottrade elite program for my real time transactions. Unfortunately, this is not supported on mac.

I like finviz for nightly scans (which works on mac)but still need real time functionality. (I know they have it, but the price seems a little steep for something I get for free now) and really need only minute charts and tickers to still be able to function.

I may have to stick with a PC, being that most of my computer work is related to stocks (or forums like this ;))
    But I want to get into video editing. so between that and the fewer problems with macs, I wanted to switch.

anybody with ideas of apps that may fit my situation?

thanks

2. GregE macrumors 6502

How about VMWare Fusion to run Windows on your Mac and then run the Scottrade Program in there?

3. Goofy Yno thread starter macrumors member

Running window is what I'm trying to avoid. I guess I don't see the point- If I am running windows, why not get a PC instead of dedicating space on a mac?

Honestly, I'm not that computer savvy. I'm afraid having two systems on my computer would confuse me.

4. Goofy Yno thread starter macrumors member

Actually, after looking at VMware Fusion, it just may work.:D

It doesn't seem to take up a lot of room, it seems easy- just download it, and it will run my Scottrade as if it is part of the mac. Am I correct that the computer will pick the proper os to run the program or will I need to assign it each time?

5. GregE macrumors 6502

You wouldn't assign it each time you would install the Scottrade software in the Windows environment.

6. Goofy Yno thread starter macrumors member

Thanks,
    I think I'm off to the Apple store this weekend!:D