Stock & Shipping tracking

Discussion in 'iMac' started by rvinther, Sep 18, 2012.

1. rvinther, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012

rvinther macrumors member

rvinther

2. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

I would be more reassured if an Apple Store had shortages ... this could be a good sign, or could just mean that companies who resell iMacs are willing to put their stocks at zero 'cause they hypotize/hope/preview new machines are about to surface ... in any case I like this kind of articles : it seems every day a bit more that Apple will be obliged to take out something new from the hat !

3. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

Yeah I kinda feel this same kind of article has appeared every week since mid summer. Only every time the stock shortage gets a bit more constrained than last time. But it shouldn't be long now, seem stock is close to zero. What I hope for now is some reliable rumor article anticipating the exact date.

4. Mister Bumbo macrumors 6502

I agree that we've heard about low iMac stock since pretty much WWDC, but this time there's a difference as I see it - Amazon.com has had low or close to no stock, but they've always had new units within 2-3 days of going low or almost running out. Now they have an estimated shipping time of 2-5 weeks for 3 of the models and not specified for the fourth, it's been like this for several days now. I have been keeping track of the Amazon stock levels (since WWDC) and this has not occured before.

5. Slow Programmer macrumors regular

Could be a lot of iMacs were purchased for the recent back-to-school events. Stock may be low due to increased sales. Where I live schools have started, Apple has been giving discounts to students and we just had a sales tax holiday on computers. Most other States have done the same. I am not sure about other countries.

6. Nandifix macrumors 6502

Personally I dont think thats a real factor. There are far more people buying iMac's not in education than are. Also in the UK we dont have tax breaks:(

7. mjoshi123 macrumors 6502

mjoshi123

8. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

they seem out on pretty much eveywhere now, without any indication of restocks. I think we´ll se a new imac in 1-2 weeks if we are lucky.

9. ProMod macrumors 6502a

Knowing how well Apple handles supply and demand, I can't see it being two weeks. That would be completely out of character. I think we'll see a silent refresh Tuesday, 9/25.

10. gnrredphoenix macrumors member

That is super optimistic. I don't see why everyone is judging the situation based on stock. We've seen stock virtually disappear before and NOTHING HAPPENED. The iphone is going to be on sale to the public this friday. I highly doubt that they will release an imac less than a week later.

Don't get me wrong, I would absolutely love it if they did, and I suppose a possible strategy for this would be to buy a new imac when you come in for your phone, but I still think this is really wishful thinking...

11. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

I agree its optimistic. But it´s different when all stocks are out on multiple large stores at once and none of them has any exact date for restock. it´s always been dates for restocks before. If you look at best buy they have no info on when or if they will get new imacs. and amazon has a 1-2 month period, which is the same as saying we don´t know. I´ve been following the stock amount every week since april, this is a different situation than before. But I´m not saying we will see the new models next week, but it could happen.

12. ProMod macrumors 6502a

I agree the timing doesn't seem perfect, but I think Apple's hand has been forced by these supposed delays. They have a lot of products they want to get out in a short period of time, and every week they wait, they're missing sales and further crowding their launch timetable.

I think everyone is expecting some big event. Even if it's a slight redesign with an anti-glare screen and the expected new internals, it will just be a silent refresh / front page of apple.com. Big events are only for iOS devices, and the MacBook line is thrown in with WWDC.

Apple simply does not allow all their suppliers to just dry up with no restock in sight. Something is coming very soon.

13. gnrredphoenix macrumors member

I really hope so. It's just tough to stay optimistic about low stock of any kind when every hint of a rumor we had this year has been nothing but a let down. Hopefully you're right and we won't all be pulling our hair out for another month...

14. 22mac macrumors member

I hope your right

15. segovius macrumors regular

segovius

Agree. Seems most likely....