Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ClemTiger0408

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
New York Times is claiming that Apple should have enough stock in stores to last through the weekend. How are people finding the NON-preorders stock at all stores (ATT, Apple Store, Best Buy, Wal Mart)?

I'm debating picking one up, but I can certainly wait until stocks replenish if I must.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
1st gen and 3G versions both took 4 days before my apple store were out of stock. they replenished by the next week.

not surprised by that...after a busy "mall" weekend, they will be limited by Tues

sms0217ny

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
I didn't pre-order and went to an ATT store in Manhattan this morning, wasn't much of a line. Was able to get into the store at 7:10, walk out 10 minutes later. I would say since majority of people pre-ordered, the regular stock of phones sitting around should be good. Of course calling your local ATT store wouldn't hurt either :)

Rootus

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2008
Portland, OR
The Apple Stores usually have quite a lot more stock than the AT&T stores. I bought the last 3GS iPhone from my local AT&T store about 9:10AM this morning. I didn't ask when they'd get more in.

chrischen

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2008
I called every wal-mart, best buy, AT&T and apple store within a 15 mile radius. Over 15 stores I think, and they were all out. Do some of the stores not get shipments until tomorrow? Will they get shipments tomorrow? I think one AT&T store said they might get shipment on saturday.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
The Apple Store here got a new shipment in in the afternoon. They had 32GB blacks and 16GB blacks and whites at closing tonight.

uneek1

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
I called a Wal Mart and they said they didn't sell iPhones so I asked when they would and she said that she didn't know. Maybe I should go in and look for myself? Or they really don't sell them yet?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.