Stock Ticker Symbol Glances/Complications

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ecschwarz, May 15, 2015.

1. ecschwarz macrumors 65816

ecschwarz

For those of you with watches (and maybe this thread will serve as reference at some point for all), does the complication and glance for stock ticker symbols only show the "Default Stock" selected in the Watch app on the iPhone? The language seems to indicate this, but I find it weird if you have a portfolio of other stocks - having one on the face really doesn't really give an indication of everything (I assumed it would rotate).

2. ecschwarz thread starter macrumors 65816

ecschwarz

Basically, here's what I want to know - the stock ticker glance/complication only seems to show your default stock...is that the only option for the feature or is there some sort of swipe, scroll, etc. that will let you see how the rest of your list of stocks is doing?

In other words, if I picked AAPL as my default stock, that would appear all the time on a complication or the glance, but a single stock doesn't really give a good indication how everything else is doing. Even choosing the Dow, Nasdaq, or S&P500 doesn't - seems like an odd implementation.

3. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

4. littlezumbo macrumors member

Perhaps I'm lost now (not that I followed the link supplied by HoneyBadger), but clicking on complications takes you to a corresponding app. So, if you wanted a more detailed look at your portfolio, you would click on the default stock, which would then lead you to the actual app where you would see stocks you have preselected for your watch-list on the Stocks app on your iPhone.

5. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Correct OP. A complication can only show one stock at a time. It is not a ticker that scrolls through your stocks.

6. ecschwarz thread starter macrumors 65816

ecschwarz

Thanks - sorry for any confusion earlier...that's what I thought, but after reading over everything, I still wasn't 100% sure and wanted to ask those who might have had some more experience.

7. PegasusTenma macrumors regular

PegasusTenma

8. Julien, May 17, 2015
    Last edited: May 17, 2015

Julien macrumors G3

Julien

...and it will show whatever stock you have highlighted on your iPhone too. You simple open the Stock app on your iPhone and just select a stock and it shows up in the Complication.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. BillyTrimble macrumors 6502a

All those extra items on the clock face such as weather, alarm, date, stock, etc are called "complications". I don't know where the terminology originates from, but I gather it's a traditional name for these items.