Stock video?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by iMacZealot, Feb 17, 2008.

1. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

Where's a good place I can get stock video? I've seen places like BBC Motion Images, but I was wondering if there was a place that had the same style as flickr...

Thanks.

2. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

Do they have better prices than BBC? Are there any sites with the same style as flickr with free video?

3. AviationFan macrumors 6502a

AviationFan

Seriously, it takes only a few mouse clicks starting with the link that chameleon gave you to answer that question. Why don't you take a look for yourself and find out? You'll see your question answered in more details than anyone could give you by responding here.

- Martin

4. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

I found iStockPhoto's prices, but BBC's site doesn't list any prices.

Martin, perhaps you should focus on giving people the information they want instead of instantaneously snapping back at them based on glancing at the topic and telling them to find it on their own. Either that or just don't help at all.

5. AviationFan macrumors 6502a

AviationFan

My apologies if I misunderstood your question. When I read your question "Do they have better prices than BBC?", I assumed it meant that you were unhappy with the BBC pricing and were wondering if iStockPhoto was more affordable. I would not have guessed that you were asking for the BBC pricing information.

Now that I know what you are really looking for, let me try to be more constructive. I just typed the following search terms into Google:

BBC "stock footage" pricing

and selected the first link that came back (which was www.bbcmotiongallery.com). From there I clicked on "royalty free", and then further until I had the details for an actual clip on screen. The pricing is right underneath the clip image, as the screenshot below shows:

[​IMG]
    I checked a couple of other images and found the same prices. If this is indeed the standard BBC pricing, it means that they are more expensive than iStockPhoto, quite a bit more expensive. Note, however, that I did not compare the license agreements between the two - they may specify different rules for using the image, which may contribute to the cost difference.

Hope this was more helpful.

- Martin

6. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

Okay, thanks.

When I was looking, BBC wasn't showing the pricing, but apparently some clips do show pricing.

I guess that means I'll be doing business with iStockPhoto, but I wonder if I may be able to produce similar footage of my own.