Stock wallpaper fail!

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by mavis, Sep 11, 2013.

1. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

So I tried one of the new wallpapers and immediately noticed a problem with it (which makes me wonder if anyone at Apple bothered actually using it for more than ten seconds) ...

Is the battery charged, empty, or half full? :confused:

[​IMG]

2. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Are you serious man? Unless you're colorblind, people can clearly see that the battery is full. Also the battery turns white when it's unplugged so it wouldn't be a problem anyway.

3. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I just loaded the same wallpaper and the battery reading is easy to see on my iPhone 5.

4. msuman macrumors member

I used one of the space ones and one of the stars looked like a bar for wifi lol.

5. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Attached Files:

6. forza69 macrumors 6502a

forza69

Reply to them. Please.

7. dannyyankou, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013

dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Lol, they're just twitter notifications. They're not working with the official app, so I set up SMS alerts.

8. mavis thread starter macrumors 68040

mavis

But when it's 50% and charging, it looks exactly the same (you can see the wallpaper in the empty part of the battery, and that green is exactly the same as the charging green). And yes, it looks fine when you're unplugged, but you do have to charge sometimes, right?

----------

Easy to read on the 4/4S, I see. The image is cropped enough that you can't see the "battery green" at the very top of the image like you can with the iPhone 5.

9. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

Why not turn on battery percentage like in the above poster's picture?

10. mavis thread starter macrumors 68040

mavis

I don't like showing percentage because I end up paying far more attention to it than is necessary. :)

Besides, I shouldn't HAVE to turn it on. The whole point of a graphical battery meter display is to be able to get a quick idea about your charge level, which isn't possible when charging the iPhone 5 using this new wallpaper. I have absolutely no idea why people want to argue the point (not you in particular, of course) when it's pretty clear that a simple color adjustment to this image would fix the problem. Somebody at Apple made a mistake, that's all.

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

That particular wallpaper (or others like it that have that color there) isn't really compatible then. Nothing much that can be done except not to use it or use it with that particular limitation in mind.

12. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Screenshots are misleading. In the full sized one below you can zoom in and see the gauge. In real life there is no discernible difference inside the battery icon. Just a little oops, that's all.

Note to self: Get caught up on podcasts. And buy an air conditioner.

screen2.PNG

13. forza69 macrumors 6502a

forza69

Haha okay. When I see my sister's phone and she has like 10 unread messages, or 50 app updates, it drives me nuts for some reason.

14. PRSGuitarist macrumors member

I lol'd

15. mavis thread starter macrumors 68040

mavis

Thanks for posting. I agree it's not a big deal, just something I noticed. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's messed up. :)

16. Rodster macrumors 68040

Ouch, my eyes hurt looking at all those colors. :p

17. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

18. mavis thread starter macrumors 68040

mavis

Right. And if it was at 80% I'd be more likely to unplug it than if it were at 25%, but using this stock wallpaper on an iPhone 5 I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Seriously, why do people insist on arguing the point?

19. C DM macrumors Westmere

The point is that there's really nothing to argue, and nothing much that can be done except to not use that wallpaper.