Stocks And Shares Tracking Software?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mugsy86, Jul 9, 2008.

1. mugsy86 macrumors newbie

I've (very) recently become interested in buying shares on the stock markets.
    I would like some software (can be web based) for tracking trends, making predictions, possibly buying through the software.
    I'd prefer Mac Compatible software but if there is good windows software I'd like to hear about that too.
    What do the 'professionals' use? is that either very expensive or bespoke?
    Any Help or advice would be appreciated.

PS: Anyone who makes me a millionaire will be rewarded handsomely :p

2. ddoonie macrumors regular

For mac, there is NOTHING!

You can subsrcribe to charting (prophet.net money.net etc...) and they have java charts.

Professionals, well when you fund an account they usually come with their own software and data feed. Interactive Brokers has a Mac trading platform.

Now if you plan on paper trading for a while, then i'm sure you want cheap as possible. Only way is on Windows, or the aforementioned java charts.

If you are going to use windows, then download quotetracker. One of the best free trading software there is.

You can get your feed cheap (10-20/month) from various sources.

3. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Lots of brokers have their own software. I use Ameritrade and they have some pretty good tools. That combined with their iPhone app, a few other sites, and my bloomberg iPhone app keep me well informed of my positions.