stocks and weather

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WhySoSerious, Jun 8, 2011.

1. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

so if the weather and stocks are now available in the notification tray as widgets, does that mean the weather and stocks apps have been removed (as it would be redundant to keep them)?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

No. Their use as "widgets" is optional. The apps are not optional.

3. WhySoSerious thread starter macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

4. Madvillain Guest

The stock app has wiped itself of all data multiple times on my iPhone upon launching. Buggy buggy.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

With the Addition of Reminders, Newsstand and the iPod app being separated, everything is still their (Even the Contacts app).

[​IMG]

6. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

does the weather widget provide current temperature based on the phones location, or does it use the default city from the weather stock app?

7. mms13 macrumors 6502

Both of these are kind of true. The 'default city' in the weather app is now a card with your current location. And the widget pulls it from that.

8. a.jfred macrumors 6502

I really wish they'd let us get rid of the apps that come w/the phone that we don't want/need. Their weather app is virtually useless. Yeah, I know they hardly take up any space, and I can throw them in their own folder labled "useless to me apps", and toss it on a screen far out of vision, but it's a hassle & kind of annoying.