Stocks Application

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by davidy, Feb 27, 2008.

1. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

This information isn't original with me but I haven't seen it compiled in one place yet, so just to get everything on one page I'll offer these codes for inclusion on the Stocks Application.

For those of you who wondered what the Stocks Application was all about, it is useful for many things.

To show the up to the moment conversion from any curriency to any other curriency, go to http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?amt=1&from=USD&to=JPY&submit=Convert

Enter any two curriencies to get the conversion code; then put that code in the addition page of the Stocks application. For instance to convert from Euros (EUR) to US Dollars (USD) enter EURUSD=X. To convert from US Dollars (USD) to British Pounds (GBP) enter USDGBP=X.

For the current Crude Oil Price enter CLJ08.NYM

For Gold Spot price (in US Dollars) enter XAUUSD=X
    For Silver Spot price (in US Dollars) enter XAGUSD=X

For gold or silver in other curriencies, substitute the currency code (obtained from the above link) for USD. For instance, to get Gold Spot price in British Pounds, enter XAUGPB=X

Use this link http://finance.yahoo.com/futures to get the codes you can enter for just about any commodity. You can track several metals, grains, livestock and consumables. Just find the code and enter it directly into Stocks.

BTW, if you're not sure how to enter these codes from the Stock Application main screen, press "i" in the lower right of the screen, then press the "+" that comes up on the next screen. Enter the code, press "search" and then highlight by touching whatever comes up in the center screen. This will place the code into the list of stocks. Then press "done" and you're back at the Stocks home screen.

I hope this all helps everyone get the maximum utility out of the Stock Application.

2. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

Cool - I have already updated my iPod Touch....

Thanks!

MacDann

3. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Man you know a lot of useful stuff! Thanks again for that tip!

4. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

5. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

6. Cammunicator macrumors newbie

When you say the "=" sign, do you mean the "+" sign? Or is this something that works only with the stocks app on an iPhone?

7. davidy thread starter macrumors 6502

davidy

That's what I meant and I have corrected it. Thanks for letting me know.