Stocks in Dashboard Not Working

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iDAG, Oct 5, 2007.

1. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

Every time I look at it, it has the incorrect stock quote. The graph at the bottom still works but the price doesn't change day to day. My dad is having the same problem on both his iMac at work and MBP at home. Anyone else have this problem?:confused:

2. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

Same here. Graphs work but quotes don't seem to be updating. Started a couple days ago, I think.

UPDATE: Try adding a new stock. Seems to have made my quote prices update.

UPDATE 2: Hmm...was playing with it more and now I have no quote prices at all... Might be issues with the server it uses?

3. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

same here. but I just flipped mine over, highlighted different one, flipped it back and it just updated itself. all magic to me...

4. iDAG thread starter macrumors 65816

iDAG

It seems to be working on my computer again, when I opened Dashboard this morning the stock prices updated.:)

5. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

Mine seems to be updating too, though it's still a little flaky. The first stock I clicked on said "loading data" for the graph, then showed nothing. Changing the time frame got it to work, though.

I've noticed that though they look very similar, the widget on the iPhone is kind of better at this point, for instance now allowing reordering of the stocks (as of 1.1.1). It also uses Yahoo! Finance for the quotes instead of Quote.com, presumably thanks to Apple's deal with Yahoo! for push e-mail on the iPhone. I'm hoping Leopard will have an updated widget or Apple will provide an update for download.

Seen any good alternative widgets to try?