Stolen Battery?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Alander2, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Alander2 macrumors newbie

Guys,

Last week I took my iPhone 4 at an Apple authorized repair center for fixing my broken screen.
    Everything is fine, except for the battery. Suddenly it´s lasting half the charge (less than 5 hours).
    I´m afraid they´ve changed my original battery by an old one.
    Is there any way I can find out if it is true? I mean, is there any serial number or ID in the battery that matches with the original device?

Thanks, best regards

2. j.dstasio macrumors 6502

j.dstasio

I'd suspect the repair shop of using non-OEM replacement screens rather than stealing your battery. If the new screen draws more current than the original screen you would see a change in the battery discharge rate.

It's also possible that the shop was swapping more than one screen at a time and simply put the wrong battery back in accidentally.

I repair iPhones at a local shop and if I'm doing more than one thing at a time, it's possible to pick up the wrong battery. Give them a call and express your concern. Any good shop will make it right.

3. Alander2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you!

Of course is very possible they´ve made a mistake ... but again, is there any way I can identify if it´s my original battery?

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

No. You would be able to tell if it was a non-OEM battery by opening it up, but nothig ties a specific battery to a specific phone.