Stolen IPad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Lucky-Leah, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Lucky-Leah macrumors newbie

My father's IPad was stolen. We know by who, but can't prove it. Is there anyway to identify a location where it is being used from?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. Den Deze macrumors newbie

If you buy an ipad, don't you have some kind of serial number on your ticket/box?
    You can try to compare those :)

4. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Only if you have the Find My iPad feature set-up can you use it. Other than that, you would have to make sure the serial numbers match. But if you get close enough to it to match the serial numbers, you might as well punch that dude in the face and take it and run.

5. redman333 macrumors newbie

is there any other way to find an ipad that is stolen because mine was stolen yesterday and I didn't have the find my ipad turned on. I don't know who or where it is. Is there anyway I can find it or am I screwed?

6. DNAppleGold macrumors regular

I'm afraid I share you pain. I had mine ripped off a few months ago before the "find my ipad" feature became available (without paying for mobile me). I called Apple. They were very polite and took down all the info; however, they were honest that there was likely nothing they could do They suggested filing a police report just in case.

7. SoundMan macrumors member

I wasn't impressed with find my ipad feature

I was setting in my living room and it said my ipad was found and showed my own house in a field:rolleyes:

Didn't give me an address or anything

How would that even help the police locate it

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

No matter where I am, Find my iPad/iPhone works great. Pinpoints me to within feet.

9. cameronuk macrumors newbie